Flathead in lower harbour?

faker

4 hours ago, faker said:

I am going to see how close u need to put one near them for a bite

I find that when my offering is too heavy, you need to be very close to them. If you have a lighter offering, then more fish are more likely to see it as their eyes are upward facing. Aim to fish in the last metre or so of the water column. That's my theory anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

I find that when my offering is too heavy, you need to be very close to them. If you have a lighter offering, then more fish are more likely to see it as their eyes are upward facing. Aim to fish in the last metre or so of the water column. That's my theory anyway.

I was fishing a blade and soft plastic but still haven't got timing of tide correct. I normally fish them last 3 hours till peak low tide. Not sure if I should try changing to first 3 hours after peak high tide

1 hour ago, faker said:

I was fishing a blade and soft plastic but still haven't got timing of tide correct. I normally fish them last 3 hours till peak low tide. Not sure if I should try changing to first 3 hours after peak high tide

You're probably overthinking it faker. Donuts are part of fishing. I myself donutted hard this morning after three hours on the water, doing all the things that usually get me fish. But on Friday I caught four fish on surface in an hour or so, which never happens to me. To a large extent, that's fishing, and the unpredictability is a big part of what makes it fun.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:34 PM, faker said:

Has anyone seen any flathead in Lower Harbour recently? Many of them seem to have been cleared out from all my regular spots. its not normal

There had been a few around in the lower Middle Harbour but last week they were not playing ball (possibly due to the turbidity in the water) and we only scored a couple of flounder on the drift

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbo from Sydney said:

There had been a few around in the lower Middle Harbour but last week they were not playing ball (possibly due to the turbidity in the water) and we only scored a couple of flounder on the drift

Would it be alright if I message you on the intricacies of drifting while on soft plastics?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:25 PM, faker said:

Would it be alright if I message you on the intricacies of drifting while on soft plastics?

Hi Faker - sorry for delay but hadn't checked Fishraider. By all means message me - although we are generally using bait (pillies and prawns) when drifting for lizards.  Send me a message and I will give you my number and we can chat.
Cheers
Rob