Hawkesbury jewfish going nuts.

For this years Penrith Panthers Fishfest competition my buddy Trent and I decided to target jewfish.

Last year was spent spending an entire evening sitting on the beach at Wisemans ferry without a single bite. This year with the help of my boat we headed down to Spencer to try and get better results. 

We launched the boat around 7pm and stayed out until 12:30 this allowed us to fish a significant part of the high tide change out in the middle of the river. We used a 4 rod spread, 2 light rods (8lb line 1/0 circle hook) running small Hawkesbury prawns and 2 heavy rods (20lb and 50lb) running squid and butterflied tailor on double snell rigs. 

Early on we managed a couple small jewfish and a couple small flatties. As the night progressed with the full moon beaming down on us we managed to land 5 quality jewfish. All of these fish were caught on the light rods. Among pike eel and stingray bi-catch we also lost a number of good fish to hooks pulling and being sawn off by what we think were sharks. 

Trents biggest went 73 centimetres and my biggest went 70cm. Please enjoy these photos and the youtube video linked below! The youtube video showcases some of the incredible action we had!

Ps: Trent won biggest jewfish of the com

p!!image.thumb.jpeg.4dc61020b9ecc78e4a8b6c3365973658.jpeg

- Tight lines

image.jpeg

• Like 19