Night fishing

Thinking about nighttime fishing at The Entrance. What lights does everyone use, I know kayaking at night to carry a torch. I have set up my Watersnake and sounder with batteries so I have plenty of spare power to run a LED light.

Thanks, Norm

• Like 1

Night fishing from kayak 

Decent head torch

Lights in kayak? You could use a strip LED  I've got kings ones I use for camping that would adapt ok

Kayaking at night in salt water can be hazardous because of mullet they love to fly out of the dark at lights like slimy stinking missiles 

For night fishing I use a head torch I bought online from an astronomy supplies shop - it has a white light and red light which is great because the red light  doesn’t ruin my night vision . The one I have has separate buttons for each light so I don’t have to cycle through different light functions to get to the red light . 

From the kayak I got a normal single white navigation light that’s on a 70cm tube that folds down when not In use. 
also got a few led button lights to light up the deck space when unhooking a fish and 2 4inch flood lights which help bring in squid and baitfish when gathering bait.

7 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Night fishing from kayak 

Decent head torch

Lights in kayak? You could use a strip LED  I've got kings ones I use for camping that would adapt ok

Kayaking at night in salt water can be hazardous because of mullet they love to fly out of the dark at lights like slimy stinking missiles 

The mullet point is indeed very correct, I’ve had them hit the side of the kayak and even inside of it. Quite startling when you’d be relaxing on the river. Dead quite, no jet skis just crickets then you hear a mighty splash meters away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restyle said:

From the kayak I got a normal single white navigation light that’s on a 70cm tube that folds down when not In use. 
also got a few led button lights to light up the deck space when unhooking a fish and 2 4inch flood lights which help bring in squid and baitfish when gathering bait.

The mullet point is indeed very correct, I’ve had them hit the side of the kayak and even inside of it. Quite startling when you’d be relaxing on the river. Dead quite, no jet skis just crickets then you hear a mighty splash meters away. 

I scored a black eye from one🚀

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Restyle said:

That is my idea too, no jet skis there seems to be a jet skier who loves racing up and down the channel with no consideration for others. I have a white navigation light battery operated and on a piece of PVC pipe, also a good head torch. Thanks for the reply.