port hacking

seeing i havnt posted a report as of late, i thought i post the pretty fishless day today was. after spending a day re wiring & giving the kayak abit of maintenance i went out this morning into the hacking around yowies haunts in lilli pilli at 5.30am and caught basically nothing. Clearly yowies taken them all and eaten them. theres the usual baby snapper and i caught what looked like a cooked mud crab but was still alive. Absolutely no bait around & almost lifeless. great weather though. not too hot or cold & no wind.

Over the past few weeks theres been plenty of squid on the inshore areas like dolans, lilli pilli and yowie, averaging 7-9 squid a session at the moment so thats a positive  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Restyle said:

seeing i havnt posted a report as of late, i thought i post the pretty fishless day today was. after spending a day re wiring & giving the kayak abit of maintenance i went out this morning into the hacking around yowies haunts in lilli pilli at 5.30am and caught basically nothing. Clearly yowies taken them all and eaten them. theres the usual baby snapper and i caught what looked like a cooked mud crab but was still alive. Absolutely no bait around & almost lifeless. great weather though. not too hot or cold & no wind.

Over the past few weeks theres been plenty of squid on the inshore areas like dolans, lilli pilli and yowie, averaging 7-9 squid a session at the moment so thats a positive  

That's not good.

If you keep a few of those squid for the table, there's a feed or 2 there.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

That's not good.

If you keep a few of those squid for the table, there's a feed or 2 there.

If you didn’t take all the fish this wouldn’t be a issue. Sharings caring. Anyway, The squid are generally all bait size with a mix of arrows and calis. Get the odd decent Cali which I do sometimes eat. I havnt grown big enough balls yet to take the kayak along oceanic reefs yet for the bigger calls 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Restyle said:

If you didn’t take all the fish this wouldn’t be a issue. Sharings caring. Anyway, The squid are generally all bait size with a mix of arrows and calis. Get the odd decent Cali which I do sometimes eat. I havnt grown big enough balls yet to take the kayak along oceanic reefs yet for the bigger calls 

Transplant these.   image.jpeg

Edited by Yowie
  • Haha 2

Mate, at least your getting out there!

Pick a flat day with no wind and you could probably have a go around the entrance to bate bay. The council website surf cams are a good way to check out the live conditions.

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Mate, at least your getting out there!

Pick a flat day with no wind and you could probably have a go around the entrance to bate bay. The council website surf cams are a good way to check out the live conditions.

ive stuck my head out on the protected side of jibbon and do pretty good on calis around there but yet to venture on the northen headlands yet