Nambucca Heads 5th - 8th March

Evening All.

Finally back at work tonight after what i can say was the best trip in 6 years of numerous attempts of quality fish at Nambucca Heads.

I must admit the River is rather dead, we Fished the river again All day Tuesday for nothing but Mud Crabs.

Wednesday and Thursday was out with my friends the Didios and we landed some good fish. Couple of spotted macks and Northern Blue fins....

image_123650291 (2).JPG

image_123650291 (1).JPG

image_123650291.JPG

• Like 10

Nice spotties.

A small spottie I caught in the Hacking about 20 years ago was one of the best tasting fish I have caught and eaten. Assume those larger ones are still great on the plate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Very well done, some fine eating among that catch. Were you trolling or casting?   bn

Hi Neil.

We were trolling Slimey Mackeral around.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:45 PM, jenno64 said:

Some serious fish there Crabstar, when the river runs dry....the ocean produces:)

Its about time! Been having a horrible summer. Good to have the freezer full for the next 3months with the bubs on the way in 8 weeks :)

3 hours ago, Crabstar said:

Its about time! Been having a horrible summer. Good to have the freezer full for the next 3months with the bubs on the way in 8 weeks :)

I've never fished for Spotties so thanks for the info re trolling for them. Always great to have some tasty fish in the freezer.

Good luck with everything regarding the new arrivals, hope all goes well. Cheers, bn

• Like 1