Alkor is back at Fishraider/Deckee after 18 years

Hi guys!

Thank you staff at the helm of Deckee to preserve postings I did as far back as 2006. Fresh as a daisy!!!

Went fishing with my Philippine wife at Narrabeen Lagoon, Illawong Bay and McCarrs Creek Reserve,
She enjoyed to catch her first (tiny) bream in the lagoon. It might have been a Tharwine actually because of the golden lines.
We will continue to chase actual food in the area. Believe me, a lot of overlooked species are top table fare in other countries.

Peter

IMG_3291.JPG

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bluebenbomb said:

Welcome back Alkor! Lots of things have happened during your hiatus (such as the Deckee ownership), and many new members have joined. I'll be looking forward to your reports!

Somethings never change.

Welcome ……. again 

IMG_2571.jpeg

I don't know of Carp clubs in Sydney. I live in the Riverina and take every opportunity to catch and despatch Carp when I am out fishing. They are in plague proportions in the Murray and Darling Rivers. I have recently started fly fishing for them and they put up a great fight on my 5/6 wt fly gear.

I look forward to reading your reports in due course.   bn

Hi @Alkor,

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy going through all the articles and reports since you were last here. Some of our members have been very prolific in their writings. In particular @wazatherfisherman who managed to get his own section in the library due to the amount of pieces he put together.

Regards,

Derek