PB Bream during quick Iron Cove session

Hey raiders, 

Had a quick 1 hr session around iron cove yesterday to take a break from uni assignments. It was pretty windy, but fortunately it was blowing from behind which made casting further easier. The first 30 mins was dead with only toadfish attacking my plastics (destroyed two of my plastics 😠😠). However, after walking a further 20m down the bank I casted out when my lure got absolutely smashed by a monster bream. The fight this donkey gave was incredible pulling insane amounts of drag and landing it without a net was quite the challenge running only 6lb leader and a 1-3kg rod. Fortunately, I  was able to pull it up along the sand to land it. 

When measured it out, it was 47cm to the tip. I don't think I will ever catch a bream this big again in my life 🤣🤣.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4c0cc263c8caca72ff8711170706607.jpeg

Gear used: 

Millerods Grub Freak Lt

Daiwa Exist 2500s 

Varivas max power pe0.6 

YAMATOYO Harris Chinu Harris 6lb 

Rapala crush city creeper on a 1/16th jighead size 2 hook 

Edited by Fobbie
corrections
  • Like 25

Hi @Fobbie,

I'm both envious (huge bream) of you and feel sorry for you (will probably take the rest of your life to do better).

Awesome result. Suggest you put in a request in the records as you should take number one or two spot for this species. You've done the story and included a photograph with a measurement so the hard part is done.

Congratulations,

Derek

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

That's a quality Bream from any water mate, very well done. Welcome to the site Fobbie. I'll look forward to reading more of your fishing escapades.

Cheers, bn

Thanks Neil for the welcome!

2 hours ago, Larkin said:

Cracker bream! Well done on the PB 🤙

Nice set up too. Love the millerods

They really are amazing rods to use. This catch made the whole setup worth it 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, DerekD said:

Hi @Fobbie,

I'm both envious (huge bream) of you and feel sorry for you (will probably take the rest of your life to do better).

Awesome result. Suggest you put in a request in the records as you should take number one or two spot for this species. You've done the story and included a photograph with a measurement so the hard part is done.

Congratulations,

Derek

Thanks Derek, been chasing a 40+ for 6 months and to be rewarded with this is the best feeling. How would I put the request for the record in?

Hi @Fobbie

Here is the current record. Just write to the moderators to ask. Suggest starting with @mrsswordfisherman and @Little_Flatty though they are usually on top of that sort of thing. Maybe go back and add the rod details to your report with the edit function. The one other thing, please go back to your photo and look closely and zoom in. While I might be wrong, based on that photo I make it out that while the head is dead on the 48cm the tail is on the 1cm marking making your bream 47cm and not the 48cm you originally thought but it still puts you in equal first. If you agree with me then make some slight corrections to your report and then request. I would hate to see a cloud put over what I think is a great story, a beautiful fish and well deserved record.

Regards,

Derek

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hi @Fobbie

Here is the current record. Just write to the moderators to ask. Suggest starting with @mrsswordfisherman and @Little_Flatty though they are usually on top of that sort of thing. Maybe go back and add the rod details to your report with the edit function. The one other thing, please go back to your photo and look closely and zoom in. While I might be wrong, based on that photo I make it out that while the head is dead on the 48cm the tail is on the 1cm marking making your bream 47cm and not the 48cm you originally thought but it still puts you in equal first. If you agree with me then make some slight corrections to your report and then request. I would hate to see a cloud put over what I think is a great story, a beautiful fish and well deserved record.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks @DerekD,

Go to Submit your record fish photo - DECKEE Community, post a thread detailing:

1) This report

2) Photo on measure mat (note you can use Other Media > Insert Existing Attachment

image.png.c044c0f8f8abdf8d3c83a39f16003532.png

Then @mrsswordfisherman can make a call.

I read it as 47cm as well. Regardless that's a thumper fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hi @Fobbie

Regards,

Derek

hi @DerekD,

I agree that it is 47cm now relooking at the picture😂😂. I'll make sure to put those edits in right now!

Well done @Fobbie, great to read your report and see your pic. Bream are great fighters and can be so cunning and hard to catch in Sydney water ways at times. That’s a healthy fish - thank for sharing.