Things in general with my life

frankS

Hi all. Well I think my fishing days are coming to a end . My breathing has got to a point where I can't do much at all.

I have sold the Quintrex 14 footer with trailer and also sold the Savage Scorpion. Have also sold a heap of fishing and boating gear that will never get used by me.

I have bought a new computer and I am happy with the way it is working, sit most of the day behind the screen watching Utube and the rest of the day sitting on the front verandah watching the world go by. I have a golf course at my back fence and a play field in front so lots of activity going on pretty well all day long, I often spend many dark hours sitting on my swing seat on the verandah.

I still have the Pride gazelle a 5.5 glass open boat that I have done some work to but still lots to do, and I don't know if the work needed will ever get done. I have a good mate that loves his fishing and we have been sharing our passion for the past 40 odd years but he has a business to run and has a family which he needs to show attention to so his fishing time is very limited.

I find it hard these days to just go down to my local shops at Berala and in fact I needed my partner Val to come with me to the computer store to carry my old computer.just going to get a hair cut or similar takes planning and a lot of effort for me.

SO I have bought myself a cheap Mobility Scooter to allow me to go places I can't walk to. I bought a electric scooter about 12 months ago thinking that would be a good idea rode it up and down the street twice and decided I looked and felt stupid on it so that has been sitting in my bedroom since, the battery has never been charged only used portion of the charge that was in it when bought.

Anyone want a cheap Scooter ?.

I have a garage full of stuff I need to get rid of so will be putting heaps of items for sale in the very near future.

Thanks for reading.

Frank

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 13

Hi Frank ... I second what Jason said above. The girls have come up from Melbourne so my next few weeks are full but I'll reach out and pop around after that. All the best mate.

Cheers Z

Hi Frank, old buddy. Saddened to hear that you are feeling that life has little to offer. I fully understand where you're coming from, and perfectly aware that we older folk are all in the same boat. As disheartening as it seems to be I would encourage you to contact Donna and look at what options are available. I think you will be surprised to see that our circumstances have been studied and there are options available for us to take. Don't give up!

You have enjoyed a very full and active life. You have contributed to many peoples enjoyment and you are not yet ready for the scrap heap. Your skill and determination have provided many of your friends and acquaintances with positive results to their problems. You are a true and loyal friend and though your list of friends is diminishing, you still have a loving wife by your side.

Sure life has changed and will continue to change, but you can still make the best of what's on offer. If the offer of hospitality is still open I will come up and see you towards the end of May...let me know. I will look forward to seeing you and Val again.

Look forward to hearing from you Frank.

Always your mate, bn

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your health woes Frank. Hopefully with all the support you have, you can adjust to this next phase of life.

Please don’t feel stupid about riding the mobility scooter. You’re at a life stage where it could be useful in keeping you connected with your community, just as your computer keeps you connected to us (thank goodness you got it sorted!). We don’t feel stupid about needing reading glasses (I’m fast approaching that age!), and this should be no different.

Thanks guys for all your support. I didn't mean it to be all doom and gloom it's just that I have come to the realisation that I just can't do the things I use to be capable of doing. 

Life goes on and once I get my mobility scooter my outlook on life should improve.

Nothing I like more (other than fishing) is being in my shed welding some project Or making something on the lathe etc, next best thing is talking with you guys and getting to know a few of you personally and becoming good friends.

I don't know what I will end up doing with the Pride boat, might get to use it some day.

Stay tuned for things I will be selling, lots of stuff that some of you might want.

Frank

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Hi Frank, old buddy. Saddened to hear that you are feeling that life has little to offer. I fully understand where you're coming from, and perfectly aware that we older folk are all in the same boat. As disheartening as it seems to be I would encourage you to contact Donna and look at what options are available. I think you will be surprised to see that our circumstances have been studied and there are options available for us to take. Don't give up!

You have enjoyed a very full and active life. You have contributed to many peoples enjoyment and you are not yet ready for the scrap heap. Your skill and determination have provided many of your friends and acquaintances with positive results to their problems. You are a true and loyal friend and though your list of friends is diminishing, you still have a loving wife by your side.

Sure life has changed and will continue to change, but you can still make the best of what's on offer. If the offer of hospitality is still open I will come up and see you towards the end of May...let me know. I will look forward to seeing you and Val again.

Look forward to hearing from you Frank.

Always your mate, bn

Neil. You know you are more than welcome anytime and although I may not be able to take you fishing , there is always a bed and the jug takes but a few seconds to boil.

Frank

I guess as time moves on we all have to accept what gets thrown at us, sorry to hear you’re not doing so well, but, as mentioned, there is help and options. Never be afraid to ask for assistance, both professionally and through “friends” here, next time I am up your way (which is not that often)  I will call in, but if there’s anything we can do, just ask.

• Like 2