Very quick Silverwater lure session.

G’day Raiders,

I had a couple of hours to burn today after work and decided to lob down to Rydalmere wharf for a flick with some plastics and do a bit of walking . 
I started out just down river from the wharf and thought I might work my way down to Silverwater bridge . I chose a 3inch gobblers curl tail in uv croc bait colour , rigged weedless with a 00 ball sinker for a weight . My first impressions of the water was it looked dead and I wasn’t hopeful of getting anything. I worked my way down to silver water bridge punching out casts anywhere there was a gap in the mangroves and didn’t get a touch ! You can usually rely on at least one small flathead having a go at your lure but it just wasn’t happening. Anyhow once I reached the bridge I began fanning casts out prospecting but only got a few small bumps which I believe were toads. 
Just when I started to give up hope along came the rivercat which really stirred up the bottom and I got the bream straight away and two casts later the flathead- all released. I kept fishing there for around half an hour but it had shut back down so i trudged back to the car and was off home .

Nothing to write home about but better than watching tv!

IMG_0708.thumb.jpeg.458246dba25c34b11686c1be32f004c4.jpegIMG_0707.thumb.jpeg.ce092a96e2e85e5c7cb01fd57e6f572d.jpeg

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

It appears that the Rivercraft stirring up the water bought the fish on the bite.

Yes -it’s a tip I picked up off a YouTube channel that fishes the river all the time 

2 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

It appears that the Rivercraft stirring up the water bought the fish on the bite.

... its not the only thing it stirs up .... just ask any boatie trying to launch or retrieve !  🤯 😡 😤

cheers Zoran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1