Southern Bluefin arrive off Sydney & Wollongong

Thursday & Friday saw the bluefin tuna arrive off Sydney and down past Wollongong. Catches wide off Browns and south around Port Kembla/Kiama. 
Multiple boats hooking up to 100kg plus fish - largest I’ve seen photos of was 132kg. 
Kiama they were getting them in close - within 10klm of shore.

Any raiders out there getting into them on Thurs/Fri?

• Like 7

When I came back into the boat ramp at Tunks there was a boat of guys who had been "about 100km" offshore and caught 2 SBTs - 58 and 45kg. I saw the head and from of one of them before they buried it at sea off the end of the pontoon. So they definitely are out there. 

My couple of leatherjackets for the morning felt puny in comparison!  

4 hours ago, Restyle said:

my dads work friend told me of catches on Monday, he was heading out on Thursday so ill be keen to know how he went when i see him next

They showed up in big numbers on Thursday

3 hours ago, Robbo from Sydney said:

When I came back into the boat ramp at Tunks there was a boat of guys who had been "about 100km" offshore and caught 2 SBTs - 58 and 45kg. I saw the head and from of one of them before they buried it at sea off the end of the pontoon. So they definitely are out there. 

My couple of leatherjackets for the morning felt puny in comparison!  

Yeah I know a few charter guys - one of them got 3 out wide between browns and the canyons on Thursday.

Good fun catching the big ones, but I’d rather eat the leatheries.

3 hours ago, noelm said:

Been down this way for a while now.

Yes, they’ve been getting a few SBT, some albacore, ect been hearing the banter on 82 over the last few weeks.

This week they’ve showed up in good numbers & in close down your way.

3 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Seen a few boats in the past few days coming into Yowie bay with catches between 40-80kg. One said they got them 70kn offshore , all on the troll

Yeah quite far offshore up this way from what I’ve been hearing. Down Kiama they’re getting em in close.

• Like 1

I was out on a charter from Ulladulla last Friday and the skipper was planning a hike out wide sometime this week after reports of good catches last week:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

I was out on a charter from Ulladulla last Friday and the skipper was planning a hike out wide sometime this week after reports of good catches last week:)

What was caught?