BOM is upgrading their website

Steve0

5 minutes ago, Restyle said:

not a huge fan of the overall site, needs to be simple 

Simplicity would be good! 

Being beta, they'll probably want feedback. Maybe they need a simple interface and an advanced user's interface? As it was, I have a myriad bookmarks in the current site, because it can be difficult to find something again.

At this stage I'm not finding a few things I use on the old site, but early days. At least you can search for a location on the rain radar now and it puts a pin on the map.

59 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Deckee weather is good and take all data from BOM

There is one advantage BOM has.  I hate phone screen size and  Deckee weather doesn't appear on my PC.

Can you tell Deckee more about weather not appearing on your PC please? The small Aussie team would really appreciate it. I have my Deckee weather set to show where the map is instead of my location (in settings), maybe that’s why I can see Deckee Weather on my PC. I agree the weather radar is looking better and nice to see the BOM finally working through an upgrade.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is as far as I can get using Edge (I prefer Brave and a Firefox variant, but these give even less). None of the greyed out icons respond. Deckee app requested when using a PC browser seems wrong, which is the reason I never persisted.

image.thumb.png.2040771063fad352c5639276d8cf95c6.png

Edited by Steve0

Awesome thank you. I’ll let the Deckee team know. Logging in in the browser is intended to allow you to view all your trips and get weather personalized to your boat length, etc. 

This info should help them fix the issue. Thanks again 😊

On 8/10/2024 at 4:16 PM, Steve0 said:

This is as far as I can get using Edge (I prefer Brave and a Firefox variant, but these give even less). None of the greyed out icons respond. Deckee app requested when using a PC browser seems wrong, which is the reason I never persisted.

image.thumb.png.2040771063fad352c5639276d8cf95c6.png

Hi @Steve0 Really appreciate your patience and feedback on this and sorry if I'm bothering you. If you just then go to deckee.com/maps in another tab in Edge, does the app open up for you please? The Deckee team is attempting to replicate and resolve your issue but are able to log in in Edge... Your help is greatly appreciated ☺️Thank you.

Same problem. Before starting, cache and cookies were both cleared then I logged into forum (so logon should be available in a newly set cookie).

Not being one to give up easily, after trying different ways I did manage to get the greyed out map moving and zooming, and it gave me details of a vessel. When I tested the weather icon after that, it went back to fully greyed out, and I am unable to repeat whatever it was I did.

Free to enlighten, but my logic is the weather link should not need to send an email link. Is there a reason required user details aren't gathered from a cookie?