(NOT A FISHING REPORT) Paikea

I had an email from Hank’s family last night. 

Hank has passed away.  He passed away on 14 July 2024 after a getting gastric cancer and he also suffered from severe arthritis and was in a lot of pain.

He loved his boating and fishing and that was his passion.  He lived a great life.  His family and his wife all miss him terribly.  

RIP Paikea (Hank)

Paikea is now in our group Eternal Members

• Sad 8

I only knew Hank for a short time. He could see one of my fishing spots in Bate Bay from his home at Cronulla, and he was happy that the spot still produced some fish. 

He offered me his fishing maps as he knew he would not go on for much longer. Those maps I gratefully accepted, and are now in my small collection.

R.I.P. Hank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only knew Hank through the forum - he was working on some upgrades to his boat from memory. Condolences to the family. Thanks for the update Donna. 
Z

• Thanks 1

I knew Hank from another forum going back about 20 odd years, we shared a passion about boats and we would swap different ideas between ourselves at times, he was very set in his ways and hard to convince new and different ways to do certain things. It's been a couple of years since we last spoke and I will miss his input.

R I P my friend.

Frank 

• Thanks 1