So how do you know when you are getting old?

big Neil

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

You need to keep an eye out for that happening again slowjigger. Any repeat of it would definitely indicate you're getting old too. Had it been a fishing trip...that's a different story.

bn

Well it was a Friday. I think long covid was to blame - on top of tennis Wed night (I didn't bounce back like I normally do). Also I had a late night Mon - watched all of Crimson Tide. Couldn't switch it off seeing it was a submarine movie with my 2 favourite actors. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, slowjigger said:

Well it was a Friday. I think long covid was to blame - on top of tennis Wed night (I didn't bounce back like I normally do). Also I had a late night Mon - watched all of Crimson Tide. Couldn't switch it off seeing it was a submarine movie with my 2 favourite actors. 

Bring back the re runs of the golden years of Hollywood- I used to hate it when I was a kid but would kill to watch it now 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XD351 said:

Bring back the re runs of the golden years of Hollywood- I used to hate it when I was a kid but would kill to watch it now 🤣🤣🤣

SBS World Movies has been quite good. Also a few old ones lately including The Scarlet and the Black, The Guns of Navarone, Gone with the Wind. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, slowjigger said:

An interesting movie "Crimson Tide". 

I was in my final year of school in the UK when the "Cuban missile" event happened. I can recall having a real feeling of despair and fear as the standoff between Kruschev and Kennedy unfolded across the TV screens in the UK. Kennedy was relatively new to the Presidency, and Kruschev was a wily old fox. Unaware, at the time, of the submarine situation, it was still very scary how close we came to nuclear war.

History records that it didn't eventuate and the trade-off of nuclear arsenals defused the situation slightly. All of that was about 60 years ago and here we are today debating whether we are getting old or not. One thing is for sure, we nearly didn't.

bn

8 minutes ago, big Neil said:

An interesting movie "Crimson Tide". 

I was in my final year of school in the UK when the "Cuban missile" event happened. I can recall having a real feeling of despair and fear as the standoff between Kruschev and Kennedy unfolded across the TV screens in the UK. Kennedy was relatively new to the Presidency, and Kruschev was a wily old fox. Unaware, at the time, of the submarine situation, it was still very scary how close we came to nuclear war.

History records that it didn't eventuate and the trade-off of nuclear arsenals defused the situation slightly. All of that was about 60 years ago and here we are today debating whether we are getting old or not. One thing is for sure, we nearly didn't.

bn

Kruschev was quite colourful for a Soviet leader - you got the feeling he would be a regular guy if he hadn't gone in for that communism thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XD351 said:

What are you after, Bill Collins chat or just the movies? Most of the Golden age moves are findable in YouTube. This is a monstrous playlist (some have geographic blocks and are hidden):  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeagipoZmyfmD1-EVVKCjxs8-iFWNfWVC

If you want it without advertising, try searching for Brave Browser. It still seems to have a way to get around the advertising. I think it does a type of fast forward.