Blackfish spots near Newcastle?

Pickles

I’m visiting a friend in Newcastle hospital next week and never fished Newcastle area for luderick before (only Stockton breakwall, which is an option) Could any Raiders able to give me tips on where a good spot to try would be - visiting hours are 10 am so I could either go early for a fish and visit my mate or visit him and go for a fish in the afternoon. 
PM me if you want to keep spot quiet. I’ll also need to pick up some weed / cabbage somewhere.

Might not be what your after but I know of a mate that goes fishing for them at Nelson bay but that is about 1 hour north up the coast from Newcastle, I'm sure they would be around up there (Newcastle) but Ive never been and I don't know many fishos up that way. A search online shows that Stockton breakwall does sound promising for holding some luderick. 

• Like 1

Had a look on YouTube and there are a couple of videos on luderick in Newcastle- one says they are fishing near the pilot station which is on the south side and there is a long rock wall there along with the ferry wharf access is via wharf rd . For weed or cabbage I think you will have to try the rocks or around the baths at Newcastle or merewether. 

Ive seen a few photos in the past people getting them off Merewether rock pools during some hairy conditions. But I probably wouldnt recommend going on days like that. Nor would I recommend going on nice "beach" days as it gets quiet busy.