My June Long Weekend

Yarraone

Well, I spent the week before I left going through my check list getting everything ready for a great weekend. New Bimini cover, bearings and electricals working, and fixing my alround light so that it can be seen above the bimini cover, and planing my trip etc etc.

post-6381-127649978654_thumb.jpg

post-6381-127649979822_thumb.jpg

All my fishng buddy's had pulled out at the last minute, (Saturday)so I headed down on my own hopeing to meet up with my brother in law in sydney. I finaly got to the ramp at Sylvania waters about 5pm and away we went.. Fished both bridges and did some drifting for a while untill about 9.30pm. Not much luck here but we did manage a just undersize flattie.. and my Bro in law got his first ever bream, and it was legal..(just)

post-6381-127650014747_thumb.jpg

Now this is where the trouble starts.....

Went to start up and move spots, and it seems the batteries went flat.. So I had to unbolt and move the cutting table and stove from above the motor so that I can get the covers off. After a few hard pulls she starts and we decided to call it a night just in case and untill we can sort out the batteries..On the way back to liverpool one of the lashings holding the NEW Bimini cover cane loose and the wind snapped and tore the cover to bits and pieces..

In the morning(Sunday)...

I had the batteries on charge for the night and went and got a spare one just in case again...and thought no worries now lets go... :thumbup: We headed for the Hawksberry and were going to head out around Lion island for a while..

Got to Parsley bay, set up the boat,down the ramp......Went to start up????NOTHING...

Changed batteries????? NOTHING.. Cutting board off, covers off :ranting2: Test light out... trace electrics?? batteries were ok, Solidnoide is gone.. :ranting2:

So the cuttung board stays off and we decide we needed a gym anyway, so took turns in pull starting..Lucky it starts real easy pull starting..Lion island had a pretty good swell so after some trolling we decided to try flint and steel untill sunset..

We got a few little port jackson sharks and some yakka's.. Then we headed for Jerusalen Bay..Found our spot and set up for the night...Action was slow but managed to get a few squid,2x bream(undersize 22cm)4x port jackson's,and a catfish..Stayed untill 11pm and gave another pull and headed for the ramp.On the way in the dark we hit a submerged log which tore off my Transducer :ranting2:

Tied up to the public buoy. we landed here a nice 30cm flattie and a cat fish which went 49cm..Maybe 2nd place record?

post-6381-127650128777_thumb.jpg

Then at 1am we packed up and headed home. Got the boat on the trailer with just a few more inches to go and "SNAP" There goes the winch cable. :ranting2::ranting2: Well on the up side now all I have to do is drive the 300kms home to Bathurst..Weather was great though.. see you all next weekend.. :1fishing1:

Mate there's nothing I can say except that's unheard of Feel very sorry for you indeed.

I hope that your future outing's are more sucessful than this weekend.

The joys of owning a boat I never used to worry about the boat not starting when I was out on other boats but now it almost makes me sick with worry when you go for the key and give it a turn.

I have spent countless hours tuning cecking my boat to ensure this does not happen to me but sometimes you are just un-lucky you have proven that ten fold. I really hope that you do not have to go through this again and by the sounds of it you are extreamely determined hopefully next time around your boat will be good to you and you can put your determination into fishing and get rewaarded!!!!

Best of Luck...

Regards,

Nathan

Everyone has trips like that at least once in their boating career!

You only ever learn from doing something wrong yourself or seeing someone else do it,

and they generally dont happen again

Its a nice looking rig - can the bimini be repaired?

But as everyone always says - a day like that is STILL better than being at work

Hope you get a nice fish on your next trip!

Jason

Everyone has trips like that at least once in their boating career!

You only ever learn from doing something wrong yourself or seeing someone else do it,

and they generally dont happen again

Its a nice looking rig - can the bimini be repaired?

But as everyone always says - a day like that is STILL better than being at work

Hope you get a nice fish on your next trip!

Jason

No mate what is left of the cover is on the side of the M5 near the toll gates somewhere??

Hey mate I cant believe you travelled that far to fish up here in the 1st place, fishing at nite in Jerusalem would have been so cold :frozen: but lucky your from Bathurst.. maybe next time head up to Coffs or some where up that way where you should get some nice fish.. mate I like the fact you never really gave up :thumbup: .. at least you still have your boat, could have been worse if you sunk... Cheers COMMITED

It happens

There is no other way to say it.

When you break down at sea and yet still get yourself home under your power, it's a good day.

My Bertie is 30 years old and we have those days too even after checking everything again and again things still unexpectedly break.

After every things goes wrong it's better than a day at work.

Hey mate I cant believe you travelled that far to fish up here in the 1st place, fishing at nite in Jerusalem would have been so cold :frozen: but lucky your from Bathurst.. maybe next time head up to Coffs or some where up that way where you should get some nice fish.. mate I like the fact you never really gave up :thumbup: .. at least you still have your boat, could have been worse if you sunk... Cheers COMMITED

No matter what mate I make the trip about every 8 to 10 weeks and always for 2 to 3 days..Anywhere from Lake Mcquarie to the hawksberry or Botany bay.. As well as attending all socials.. i love my fishing and apart from this time i have always came home with good fish :thumbup:

That really sucks!!! I had my battery collapse while night fishing on the hawksburry and had to drift back to mooney mooney ramp from milson point. Were you driving with the bimini up, when i got my new one put on the guy told be to make sure i put it down while driving otherwise you can loose them - mines attached to the windscreen and he reckoned he'd seen people loose there whole screens from leaving them up.

Better luck next time

reminds me of when i took my boat out saturday morning and had just installed the rocket launcher drove out the drive way and wiped out my side awning haha im renovating the house anyway so i guess i made it alittle easier then gettn the ladder out to pull it down, suprisingly did no damage to my rocket launcher not even a scratch?

it always pays to know your boat inside and out so if anything does go wrong u can fix it there and then i always have tools for everything and spare wire fuses and rope.

Nasty Luck!!!

On the upside, things can only get better from here on in...

:1fishing1:

AJ

Yep counting the cost today and i am already up $1000.. but , Oh well can only get better.. Might go south next time

Hey Yarra,

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had. Tried to call you on Sunday morning but even on 86 reception was poor. Thought I lost my mobile when I launched the boat on friday...so no phone....but I found it in car when we retrieved the boat on monday...phone under the seat. We did most of our fishing just at the entrance to Smiths Creek. Picked up some nice Jewies to 80cm. Mate picked up a hairtail on the Saturday night but he lost it at the boat.....was not using a wire trace. Will catch up to you next weekend at the social.

Hey Yarra,

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had. Tried to call you on Sunday morning but even on 86 reception was poor. Thought I lost my mobile when I launched the boat on friday...so no phone....but I found it in car when we retrieved the boat on monday...phone under the seat. We did most of our fishing just at the entrance to Smiths Creek. Picked up some nice Jewies to 80cm. Mate picked up a hairtail on the Saturday night but he lost it at the boat.....was not using a wire trace. Will catch up to you next weekend at the social.

yeah mate what a weekend.. might follow you one day out of port hacking or belambi next time.. good to hear you got some decent fish.. and to hear that the hairtail were there.. i tried to call you on sunday as well on 86.. didnt get there untill about 2pm but,i stayed around jerusalem bay after i came back in.. so yep will see you next weekend mate take care and tight lines

Sorry for the run of bad luck, man, but think about the positive, I don't think it is going to get any worse than that, so everything will better from now on.

Cheers,

Littledinghy

I like this!

At least you started the boat, wetted the line, caught some fish. That already beat a million miles. I am overseas on a business trip!

Edited by ABCfisho