Kings In Port Hacking

wdfish

Hi all,

just reading a few messages from you lads and it reminded me of some advice to share.

I was out on Port Hacking about 4 weeks ago???? can't remember, but anyway this really friendly bloke paddling along in a canoe / kayak sided up to my boat for a chat and a fishing report. He advised me that the Hacking was full of kings, but thery were pretty sneaky. He found the best result to be was he would find them just hanging around moored boats in Dolans Bay and teh other bays and just flicking really light sp's in underneath. His explanation of what happened next was hilarious, but basically he has been landing 60 to 80cm kingies on light gear in a canoe / kayak, but to do this he is mainly dragged by them around half of the hacking before they give up. He reckons the ride is better than the catch!!!!! :1prop:

hope this shares some insight into the evasive masked raider kings!!!

By the way , I adopted his approach in a tinnie....no luck! :mad3:

cheers wd

Hi all,

just reading a few messages from you lads and it reminded me of some advice to share.

I was out on Port Hacking about 4 weeks ago???? can't remember, but anyway this really friendly bloke paddling along in a canoe / kayak sided up to my boat for a chat and a fishing report. He advised me that the Hacking was full of kings, but thery were pretty sneaky. He found the best result to be was he would find them just hanging around moored boats in Dolans Bay and teh other bays and just flicking really light sp's in underneath. His explanation of what happened next was hilarious, but basically he has been landing 60 to 80cm kingies on light gear in a canoe / kayak, but to do this he is mainly dragged by them around half of the hacking before they give up. He reckons the ride is better than the catch!!!!! :1prop:

hope this shares some insight into the evasive masked raider kings!!!

By the way , I adopted his approach in a tinnie....no luck! :mad3:

cheers wd

hehehehe it certainly is fun getting pulled around by a kingie from the canoe,do you know the guys name?

cheers

Chris

no idea of his name, just a funny bloke...

same with me though, have had 80cm kings swimming underneath boat :1yikes: having a good look and getting real close to a shad and then a sluggo :1yikes: , but then just turn away and swim to the bottom :ranting2::1badmood: .....

Fished Port Hacking early morn Sat, at bottom of tide and slack water started to drift edge of weed beds on run in just off lilli pilli....shallow water, kings everywhere hammering baitfish, a mate and I flicked plastics, and lures, again they had a look at my mates but had plenty to eat !!! later on we motored up in to deep south west arm, same again water boiling with kings and baitfish, same approach, sluggo's everything....= nothing??? I am obviously doing something wrong!!! any advice out there??? cheers wd

Fished Port Hacking early morn Sat, at bottom of tide and slack water started to drift edge of weed beds on run in just off lilli pilli....shallow water, kings everywhere hammering baitfish, a mate and I flicked plastics, and lures, again they had a look at my mates but had plenty to eat !!! later on we motored up in to deep south west arm, same again water boiling with kings and baitfish, same approach, sluggo's everything....= nothing??? I am obviously doing something wrong!!! any advice out there??? cheers wd

try small metals or 3" Bass Minnows. Should these also fail drop a live bait down, squid or yakkas have been working. If they are boiling up they should be tempted by smaller lures, but you never know... they are fussy fish at times.