Harbour Jew

gerg

I had the same experience as Crazy John, and we went in the peak of kingy season last year. We did a halfday, with 1 Bonito and as you say, a few squid in the morning. So together we have covered at least 6 hours without a bite. hmmmmmmmmm

Don' get me wrong, I learnt alot on the day, fishing the Harbour has been better since, allot of this has to do with the spots, but hey. A day on the water is a day on the water.

Of course Craig wants to keep his spots a secret, but mate, this is Fishraider, not Fishnet

Edited by Beach Fisho

I had the same experience as Crazy John, and we went in the peak of kingy season last year. We did a halfday, with 1 Bonito and as you say, a few squid in the morning. So together we have covered at least 6 hours without a bite. hmmmmmmmmm

Don' get me wrong, I learnt alot on the day, fishing the Harbour has been better since, allot of this has to do with the spots, but hey. A day on the water is a day on the water.

Of course Craig wants to keep his spots a secret, but mate, this is Fishraider, not Fishnet

Well said Beach Fisho, this site is about sharing :biggrin2: . I understand that people have a "thing" about keeping spots secret. I don't understand why people post those pics with backgrounds blacked out tho. Don't post it anywhere just put it quietly in your gallery to look at and marvel. Its like baking a chocolate cake and letting everyone look at it and smell its aroma but not letting them eat it.

The spots are usually places that are VERY well known and our fathers and their fathers have been fishing there for eons. No-one owns our waterways, they are there for all of us to share and enjoy.

OK I have had my rant on this topic :ranting2: lets not take away from the magnificent catch by Gerg - well done mate.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS Good luck to all that have entered the Fish of the Month - some excellent fish there to choose from members :thumbup:

Guest wayneo

mate great jew there

but please tel me if im wrong but the main pic that was posted by greg and the pic that came from fishnet that was unedited they are 2 different pics and at different locations i might be wrong but i dont think so.

i will be waiting for your opinion

cheerswayneo :beersmile:

You can't fool the King! Wayneo well spotted...

The pics are two different pics - taken at two different places I don't know but I really respect gerg keeping the location secret as requested by Criag. If Craig wants to tell that is his perogtive.

Pics aside still a magnificent fish!

cheers

inhlanzi

I like your rantting. Rant any time you like. I'll vote for you.

Cheers... :beersmile:

What does one say in Thailand? Bottoms up ??? ( naughty place eh?) :)

Old Gerg will never be the same - top fish MATE!

Thanks mate :ranting2: is good its a girly thing and no other ladies on here to do this with :gathering:

I have noted however that large groups of males can be very :secret: and :pokey:

Love ya work guys

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Well said Beach Fisho, this site is about sharing :biggrin2: . I understand that people have a "thing" about keeping spots secret. I don't understand why people post those pics with backgrounds blacked out tho. Don't post it anywhere just put it quietly in your gallery to look at and marvel. Its like baking a chocolate cake and letting everyone look at it and smell its aroma but not letting them eat it.

The spots are usually places that are VERY well known and our fathers and their fathers have been fishing there for eons. No-one owns our waterways, they are there for all of us to share and enjoy.

OK I have had my rant on this topic :ranting2: lets not take away from the magnificent catch by Gerg - well done mate.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS Good luck to all that have entered the Fish of the Month - some excellent fish there to choose from members :thumbup:

G'day all. Just got home from work to see what a commotion I have created.

Please let me reiterate. Any controversy or offence I have caused was completely unintended. The request from Craig was a general request and not necessarily in relation to the pic. I certainly agree that forums such as this are about sharing, which is exactly the reason why I joined. And certainly, i have learnt alot from fishraider in the time I have been here.

Frankly the reason for me posting this report was because I was and STILL am totally over the moon at the catch and wanted to share my excitement :yahoo: and certainly not to gloat about "I know the spot and you don't". In fact who wouldn't be over the moon, whether you're a seasoned jewfisherman or a first timers, beginners luck, very recent jewie convert like myself. I will certainly be stretching the truth of the story to my children and grandchildren :biggrin2: Me personally, i have no problem posting the original pic which i have now done, nor telling you where the spot is, (but as a courtesy to Craig - this I will not do).

post-1674-1149071362_thumb.jpg

As Mrsswordfisherman said, "The spots are usually places that are VERY well known" and many of you will know this location, and most of you are better fishermen than I, so if you know where it is, :1fishing1: - maybe I can come out with you and try my luck again because somehow I've got the bug. :beersmile:

wayneo Posted Today, 05:44 PM

mate great jew there

but please tel me if im wrong but the main pic that was posted by greg and the pic that came from fishnet that was unedited they are 2 different pics and at different locations i might be wrong but i dont think so.

i will be waiting for your opinion

cheerswayneo

Wayneo, yes, they are different pics, but same location. Just shot on different cameras. See above.

the_lure Posted Today, 11:40 AM

top Jew, although i reckon you could have smiled a bigger smile!

the-lure, mate I could barely stand up... :biggrin2:

Cheers, greg

Well done greg awsome fish!!!

Now you are buggered ...It will take a long time to get one of them again.

I think you have done the right thing as regards deleting the background. T^%&^$# has worked long and hard to get his spots.

Do you mind me asking what gear you were using ie rod, line, reel, trace, hook size etc?

Cheers

inhlanzi

Inhlanzi, agreed, I reckon it will take a long time to top that one. The gear was 850 pen spinfisher on pen rod, Kokoda 2x suicide hook 6/0 and 50lb pen Matrix pro braid. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Greg

Deservedly so Gerg, we all get a buzz out of seeing everyone's catches. The secret spot dilemma is an old one that rears its ugly head from time to time. Any comments are not directed at anyone personally.

Enough said on that and we look forward to seeing and hearing more about your fishing exploits here as we do all members.

GO RAIDERS enjoy your fishing all.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Now thats a great picture and shows the beautifull landscape which Sydney is famous for :thumbup:

Still a great Jew Greg and I hope you have a word in your charter guys ear and thank him for asking such a silly suggestion in light of what this picture shows :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

:1prop:

That's a superb harbour fish mate, congratulations. The best part of this story is that you are so thrilled with the catch and genuinely appreciate and respect Craig's knowlege and request :thumbup: .

You will soon become a fully converted, obsessed jew nut :thumbup: so get yourself ready for sleep deprivation, owl-like eyes and a body full of dioxins :074: :074: .

Congratulations once again

Red

Thanks Red. Definately thrilled and already sufferring sleep deprivation because I keep waking up dreaming about it :074::biggrin2: . Cheers, Greg

Top fish Gerg :thumbup::thumbup: . I saw the unedited version on Fishnet earlier. Maybe one day I can catch his/her younger sibling as I am blowed if I can catch ANY size jewie at the moment. Perseverance will be the catch cry!!!

Problem for me maraudingmado is now I've been spoilt for life with false expectations :biggrin2:

HA HA HA what a jewie.good on you.. :1prop: Well i hope you catch many more of those.. :1fishing1::beersmile::tease: The harbour is plentiful of good spots and one thing

i learned was to stop listening to the older men bragging to me while walking theyre dogs at the ramp,cause they really dont know *&%^ about what they were tellin me in the end. All comes down to trying new things and listening to slight hints from the actual people who catch the damn fish.Not every fisherman will tell all his secrets but he will hint.. well done you are now the proud :1fishing1: fisherman with a photo to be well proud of... il drink to that :beersmile: you tell only what you wish to tell.blurred out or not its an awesome fish..by the way i dont ever photo my fish in the water,, at least you did.. :thumbup:

What a JEWIE!!! :1yikes: Seeing fish like that makes parts of my body go stiff.

BTW I talked to @#$% yesterday and he was very open about where and how he got his fish. A good fish like that obviously brings a lot of attention and he doesn't want all of Sydney coming down to fish his"spot" like all of us. I guess being a pro he relies on catching fish for a living so he has his "trade secrets". If you are so inclined I don't think it is too difficult to find where he fishes as you can see his boat around the harbour almost everyday.

cheers Kelvin

Guest johblow

here you go fellas, Obviously $%#%^@ is fine with it, Lets see who can name the location first...some Harbour Trivia

Oh, yeah thats definitely Jervis bay :074: