Pb Redi

keenas

Hi raiders, after looking at this site for about 6 months i finally have a fish worth sharing.Launched from Roseville headed out at 6am caught 12 yellowtail (took about 1 hr), trolled for fresh bait unsuccesfully. finally started fishing about 8:30 am off harboard wide, very quiet 2 trevally 1 flathead wind and current going in opposite direction :thumbdown: (never a good sign when fishing for snapper). About 11:30 am wind died down. Finally my floated split yellowtail bait could drift down the south pushing current. By 12:30 pm i had landed 1 samson fish (about 2 kg) 3 reds between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 kg also got smoked by a much larger fish on 5 kg fluro carbon line. About 1:10 pm got a similiar run on my 7.5 kg line managed to turn and land the fish after about 10 mins. A beautiful 6.5 kg Snapper was in the boat. Had to leave them biting (pick children up from school) but was very satisfied. i go out only on weekdays every week. look forward to keeping fellow raiders up to date on Snapper fishing as this is the only fish i target. :1fishing1: post-2189-1150623272_thumb.jpg

Edited by keenas

Hi raiders, after looking at this site for about 6 months i finally have a fish worth sharing. From Roseville headed out at 6am caught 12 yellowtail (took about 1 hr), trolled for fresh bait unsuccesfully. finally started fishing about 8:30 am off harboard wide, very quiet 2 trevally 1 flathead wind and current going in opposite direction (never a good sign when fishing for snapper). About 11:30 am wind died down. Finally my floated split yellowtail bait could drift down the south pushing current. By 12:30 pm i had landed 1 samson fish (about 2 kg) 3 reds between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 kg also got smoked by a much larger fish on 5 kg fluro carbon line. About 1:10 pm got a similiar run on my 7.5 kg line managed to turn and land the fish after about 10 mins. A beautiful 6.5 kg Snapper was in the boat. Had to leave them bititng (pick children up from school) but was very satisfied. i go out only on weekdays every week. look forward to keeping fellow raiders up to date on Snapper fishing as this is the only fish i target. :1fishing1:

Great report, keenas. They're some snapper top be proud of. 6.5kg is pretty huge for Sydney! :1welcomeani: to the site. Congratulations! Any pics?

Flattieman.

Great report, keenas. They're some snapper top be proud of. 6.5kg is pretty huge for Sydney! :1welcomeani: to the site. Congratulations! Any pics?

Flattieman.

Thanks flattieman, im abit of a novice on the computer will have to get help from my brother.I use overhead reels and flurocarbone lines ]PS Having trouble posting pics any hints ?.

Edited by keenas

Guest fishrunner

:thumbup: That's an absolute cracker Keenas, :1yikes:

Very well done to ya , that snapper must've missed the wyalla turn off some where. :074: .

Looking forward to more reports of that calibre.

Seeing as you only target snapper , is this fish a biggun for you ?, or do you encounter this size off sydney on a regular basis?

Cheers and :1welcomeani:

:thumbup: That's an absolute cracker Keenas, :1yikes:

Very well done to ya , that snapper must've missed the wyalla turn off some where. :074: .

Looking forward to more reports of that calibre.

Seeing as you only target snapper , is this fish a biggun for you ?, or do you encounter this size off sydney on a regular basis?

Cheers and :1welcomeani:

No fishrunner this is my biggest redi ever. Have been targeting redis for about 2yrs, and have caught 5 redis 4/5kgs and plenty of 1,2,3kgs.As with all fishing i pick up something differnt every trip

Guest fishrunner

No fishrunner this is my biggest redi ever. Have been targeting redis for about 2yrs, and have caught 5 redis 4/5kgs and plenty of 1,2,3kgs.As with all fishing i pick up something differnt every trip

Thanks Keenas, knew it was your PB, though was curious if many fish ove 5kg had come into your boat of sydney, 5 over 2 years mmm not quite a consistant catch here obviously. bloody great catch there , looking forward to another report in the next few weeks with similar results,. :biggrin2:

cheers

Boys, I generally fish in about 40-45meters of water, bait usually takes 10-15mins to get in the zone and is around 100meters behind the boat with standard current.As for eating fish my 5kids and missus dont really like it,the neighbours and outlaws love me.

Boys, I generally fish in about 40-45meters of water, bait usually takes 10-15mins to get in the zone and is around 100meters behind the boat with standard current.As for eating fish my 5kids and missus dont really like it,the neighbours and outlaws love me.

i have to admit float fishing is successful esp when burleying :thumbup: ...but i have found the same results if u anchor and use a burley bomb and a running sinker rig with a large ball sinker above the swivel...proven affective 4 me...anyone else use this technique when fishing 4 snapper?i think it gets ur bait down in the zone quicker and still allows natural movement.

robbo75 (sam) told me his mate caught a 6.5kg snapper. Now let me tell you 6.5kg i really didn't put too much thoughts on it as i never caught a snapper of anything over a kilo.

Now that i have seen the picture... :fish_h4h::1yikes::1worthy::banana:

Edited by gianniz