Going Fishing Section...

Dan A

Hi,

I know we have a section for Desperate and Boatless, my impression of this section is to try get a ride as a deckie.

What about something like a Fishing Trips section, where people landbased can post up a trip, such as Beach fishing, Land base Jew Fishing etc.

I have a beach outfit and only ever used it once and got this shites with it, but am keen to give it another go if there are people out there that go beach fishing and wouldn't mind a tag along.

Dan

I think it's a good idea. I would hit the stones allot more often if there were other fisho's there or going. I just don't like doing it on my own anymore. It's a shame, because there's nothing like a good luderick session, especially now that it is winter. :1fishing1:

Cheers, BJ

I also think a section where we can post fishing outings would be great, i mean regurlar outings.

For example, i will be going to chase some yf on the weekend, if i posted my plans on say wednesday i might find that a few other raiders are planning a simalir trip, which will then allow us to go out together, great for safety, great for the site, also a good way to meet other members. Its a win/win for everyone.

Just an idea

Fellow Raiders ,if you want a section like this to be added ,we will need to add your relplies to this post and give the Aministration some kind of signal that this is indeed needed :biggrin2:

4 or 5 people interested will not do it at all .

So if you really want a section like this put your hands up :thumbup:

And see what happens with it

Cheers Stewy

Hi Guys,

I thought we kinda already did something like this in fishing chat each week when someone starts a thread called "What's on this weekend (date)".

That gets a pretty good response each time it gets put up and people talk about where they're fishing and what they're up to and organise to meet up.

So... I would say that perhaps the interest is already there and all we need to do is formalise those threads into a "What's On" type section under fishing chat?????????

Just putting my thoughts forward.

Cheers

David.

And here it is for this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tease::thumbup:

What's on this weekend post!!!

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Guest madsmc

Traditionally the "What's on this weekend" post was used to broadcast everyone's plans, and allow the possibility of Raiders linking up for a group fishing session.

I guess a change in the name of the "Desperate and Boatless" section to something like "Fishing Trips" or "Fishing Plans" that could then house the "What's On This Weekend" weekly posts as well as any other one off trip posts.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Traditionally the "What's on this weekend" post was used to broadcast everyone's plans, and allow the possibility of Raiders linking up for a group fishing session.

I guess a change in the name of the "Desperate and Boatless" section to something like "Fishing Trips" or "Fishing Plans" that could then house the "What's On This Weekend" weekly posts as well as any other one off trip posts.

Shane

Thats not a bad idea Shane

Thanks for that :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Guest madsmc

No worries Stewy.

mottyman and I have both suggested pretty much the same thing, at the exact same time. <insert Twilight Zone music> That's a bit freaky. :insane:

Shane

No worries Stewy.

mottyman and I have both suggested pretty much the same thing, at the exact same time. <insert Twilight Zone music> That's a bit freaky. :insane:

Shane

SCARY STUFF INDEED :1yikes:

What about calling the section "TAG ALONGS"

That could be the name of the forum in adtion to DESPERATE AND BOATLESS. My spin (as a newby)on the Deperate and boatless title was members requesting a ride. This new section would be for boaters pffering up a ride or for other members to join in.

Heres my 2 bobs worth

1. A template could be created to fill in for the itital post (to keep things uniform). This would be a very simple layout with all the details required

2. Post this template up in the "TAG ALONGS" forum. With the thead heading of the date and location you are sugesting. You would then be the co-ordinator of the day and can sugest how it will pan out, BBQ, Kids etc

3. Then other members simply reply. If a member wishes to join in and can offer a ride to another they can add that to their reply and other non boater members can PM that person for details.

Sample Template

Georges 01/07/06 "TAG ALONG"

Location Georges River

Boat Ramp Sandy Point

Time 6.30am - 12.30pm

Target Bream

Method Hardbodies.

Cut off date 25/06/06

Members

Brett + ..........

bob & Stew

Bill & Ben

Etc etc etc

And that is my 2 bobs woth

sorry for such a long winded post Stewy

Brett0

What about calling the section "TAG ALONGS"

That could be the name of the forum in adtion to DESPERATE AND BOATLESS. My spin (as a newby)on the Deperate and boatless title was members requesting a ride. This new section would be for boaters pffering up a ride or for other members to join in.

Heres my 2 bobs worth

1. A template could be created to fill in for the itital post (to keep things uniform). This would be a very simple layout with all the details required

2. Post this template up in the "TAG ALONGS" forum. With the thead heading of the date and location you are sugesting. You would then be the co-ordinator of the day and can sugest how it will pan out, BBQ, Kids etc

3. Then other members simply reply. If a member wishes to join in and can offer a ride to another they can add that to their reply and other non boater members can PM that person for details.

Sample Template

Georges 01/07/06 "TAG ALONG"

Location Georges River

Boat Ramp Sandy Point

Time 6.30am - 12.30pm

Target Bream

Method Hardbodies.

Cut off date 25/06/06

Members

Brett + ..........

bob & Stew

Bill & Ben

Etc etc etc

And that is my 2 bobs woth

sorry for such a long winded post Stewy

Brett0

Long winded ??? I think not Brett :biggrin2: Its great that you took the time to make a good post like that and shows your enthusiasm :thumbup:

Well done and some good ideas there as well

Cheers Swordfisherman

Edited by Guest

There doesn't appear enough interest to warrant a new section at this stage. If anyone thinks this section would be a goer please let me know via a post here or a PM .

Definately interested in something like this !! I try to go fishing every weekend ( roll on summertime !) , and I am still very much in the beginners catergory , would like to join up with someone else who is also going out , who probably knows more than me ! I dont always have room for someone without a ride , but it would be good to Tag Along with another Raider !

Ross

Good news all,the administration has heard your calls for this new section and will make it happen very soon :thumbup:

Please make good use of it to keep it running

Cheers Swordfisherman

Good news all,the administration has heard your calls for this new section and will make it happen very soon :thumbup:

Please make good use of it to keep it running

Cheers Swordfisherman

Good Stuff!, more people to fish with! :1prop: