Beginers Luck Part 2

Red

Hi raiders,

I'm excited! You may remember my first SP jew session was an eye opener with two soapies and now the second session has produced a soapie and a neat 21 pounder :yahoo: Hardly a monster but top fun on baitcaster gear. This beginners luck phenomenon is bound to dry up soon but i'm enjoying the ride for now. The SP craze has finally bitten :1yikes: Many thanks to J.J. and Aero who have helped me adapt to this style of fishing and make me a believer.

Happy days

Red

Edited by Red

Guest fishrunner

Sounds like a great session there Red :thumbup: ,

After only 2 go's at jews on plastics you're really hittin them on the head with your jig .

Well done and may your begginners luck continue,,,, any pics?

cheers

Thanks matey, there is a poor pic on my mobile phone.

J.J. assures me with confidence that a 20 kegger will come this summer. Something tells me the traditional bait fishing rods will become dust collectors. Lets see how long this lucky streak lasts.

Regards

Red

thats great Red but you may find, like the rest of us, that there are days when even a stick of dynamite wouldnt produce a fish. I think catching fish on SP's is an incredible thrill, mind you, talk about creating an industry segment, the SP manufacturers must be laughing.

Edited by harold

Hi mate,

I have tried for over 20 times this year without a hit. I have been trying in the Georges.

Have been told people do get them there - Had a friend catch one over 40 pound on a bomber

and also get one at an amazing 90 pound last year on a bomber in the hawkesbury. I fail miserably.

Is there any secret? What type of SP were you using - which waterway were you in if you dont

mind me asking.

Hello FF,

The first session was in the Georges and the 2nd in the Harbour but they are in every system. 4 inch Powerbaits were used. The main and most obvious secret is in finding the bait schools. Or better still, a very good sounder that really picks the jewies out.

However the biggest advantage is having a great mate like J.J. who has an intimate knowlege on this prized species and understands it's movements year round. The guy is simply a genius. Very switched on and a real thinking angler.

Don't give up FF as they are certainly here. Maybe you are not looking in the right places at this time of year.

Regards

Red

Red

I totally agree with you about jew all year round. Have no problem getting them

with baits. Have tried every colour in the Berkely and atomic 4 inch LOL. Did you guys

find whitebait, slimey or yellowtail bait schools. Can you also please tell me. Are

the fish all the way up river - midddle section or near the heads. Are the fish reachable

from land or are they residing around reefs and holes.

PS - Congratulations on an excellent result.

Hey Red,

long time no talk mate. Hope you and the family have been well. You are obviously eating well with all those jew cutlets mate :thumbup:

Im selling off some of my 24kg outfits mate so let me know if you get anymore of those reels for sale.

Plan on doing ALOT of jew fishing this year. Gee with the price of petral trolling wide all day is loosing its appeal, lol.

Talk soon mate,

cheers Jas!

congrats on the jews on SP. You put the effort in for those results. You deserve them mate.

Edited by Jason Scerri

Well done Red,

I was really smiling when I got your excited call after the capture. Glad to see it all come together so soon for you.

My luck's dried out recentlywith only little fella's and stupid kingfish, But I haven't really put in the time. With this rain though things will come good and I can almost smell the jewies from here :biggrin2:

Chris

Cheers guys, they sure go harder on lures and light tackle :thumbup:

Chris, i knew you would be pleased with the early results and can't thank you enough. You've had all the answers to my million and one questions on plastic fishing and you've given me a real head start. Sorry to hear about your dry spell (by your standards) which is probably not a dry spell to most fishos. :074:

Jason and other mates, i've had a new mobile number for a little while now (needed to go on a capped plan due to excessive bills :ranting2: ) so i hope you haven't been trying to contact me on the old one. Send me a PM for the new number and PM yours as all your numbers on my old CDMA phone have been lost.....thanks to the Nokia repair centre :ranting2:

FF, 20 trips without a touch is a bit of a worry. Maybe you've had little bumps that have gone un-noticed? Just remember to strike at everything, which is very difficult to do as it doesn't come natural to baitfisherpeople, purely because we've been conditioned to wait for a decent bite before striking :1prop: It's certainly a hard habit to break for SP converts, if not the hardest. Which is the main part of the system you fish? Drop me a PM.

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red

Congtat Red! :yahoo:

Good to hear about your 20pounder :thumbup:

It will only get better when thing start to warm up again.

Since our last session I have only been able to pull one soapie, tried again the last couple of days, but no luck.

Chris, the reason you havent caught any, is because you havent been on my boat recently :biggrin2: