Jewie Social

James

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you guys have the ball now :biggrin2:

We need a time (date and start/ finishing time)

A venue (where and when to meet )

A co-ordinator for it all

And names to who can attend (deckies and crews )

You all post up your ideas and the Mod Team will organise the posts and make it happen

Cheers Swordfisherman

I feel it would be ideal if we stay in the Hawkesbury and have the social BBQ at the Basin in Pittwater afterwards.

The benefits are people can launch from ATB, Parsley Bay and Bayview giving easy access to bait grounds and most of the favoured haunts for Jewfish.

The Basin is sheltered, you can camp over night if you wish, they have toilets and shower amenities and most important great BBQ facilities and ease of beaching numerous trailer boats or make use of the swing moorings.

Late September say Friday night 22,Saturday23 and Sunday 24 for a midday BBQ may be a good time or Say October Friday night 6, Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 which will fall into school holidays.

I have not checked the tides for either suggested set of dates.

Any other thoughts

James you came up with the idea and if you want to run with it I would be more than happy to help out.

I am excited and happy to volunteer to help out organising it or assist on the day or both

:yahoo:

Cheers

Martin

Edited by Martin

ok well i did start it but im not to sure how to keep it going so Martin thanks for putting your hand up with giving a hand because i think ill need some help.

i reckon the longer we prolong it the better the fishing will be. i stated earlier late september to early october, but im very flexible so i guess if i can get some input on it whatever comes up as the most popular weekend ill be happy to go along with it.

keep in mind the hawkesbury classic is on the weekend of the 10th 11th 12th of november so i think we should keep clear of that weekend.

my preferable weekend would probably be that of OCTOBER 6-7-8 the 6th being a friday the friday after is 13th so we may have to keep clear of that date.

ANY OTHER DATES?

MARTN THE BASIN SOUNDS GOOD SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

Ok you guys have the ball now :biggrin2:

We need a time (date and start/ finishing time)

A venue (where and when to meet )

A co-ordinator for it all

And names to who can attend (deckies and crews )

You all post up your ideas and the Mod Team will organise the posts and make it happen

Cheers Swordfisherman

I will put a rod up aswell

well although my boat is more suited to 2 men i think i could accomodate for one extra person so if someone wants the spot is there.

costs will be divided between the three of us

Edited by James

if you guys are serious about this you would make it late oct early nov but not on the classic weekend.i think sept is to early but late november even so blokes new to jew fishing might even get a big one.just a suggestion but i wouldnt have it in sept,late oct would be the go

pabs

left nut frozen since the hairtail night! :frozen:

i only have 1 nut left! :frozen:

sorry, but my right nut isn't going :1prop:

unless my captains wants to shoot the sequel to the, you know that infamous cowboy movie :whip: nah sorry its still not worth it :1onono:

Guest Reely

Gianniz, in November its not that cold on the water. Also keep it clear from the Del Rio, anyone know when that is?

Late september would be my suggestion, i think 2 months is plenty of time to organise...

Im more than happy to help organise since i sit in front of my computer all day...

Who is going to decide the date? the sooner we get a date the sooner we can go. I would like to put the date up for 30th of september, what does everyone think?

Edited by wettingaline

30th September sounds great. I'd rather go hunting for jews (make that mullaway!) than beach fishing as it allows more time for :beersmile:

Lock me in Eddie (or whoever the new person is) :biggrin2:

PS. Above jew/mullaway reference aimed at Mel Gibson..... :thumbdown:

I would be interested in this event.

But I will not be commiting to going as has happened this week with the blackfish social I might have to work.

I will monitor this topic and as it gets closer I would then commit.

I have a feeling that I have booked in for leave around the end of september, If that is a case then you can count me in.

Will let you know.

Regards

Paul.

well looks like end of september is leading would be nice if was a bit later in the next month but i guess we will have to go with the majority and at the moment its september 30.

come on boys/girls get behind it so we can confirm a date:

well looks like end of september is leading would be nice if was a bit later in the next month but i guess we will have to go with the majority and at the moment its september 30.

come on boys/girls get behind it so we can confirm a date:

Why dosn't some one conduct a poll to see which weekend is most preferable?

I wouldn't know how. :(

Just a suggestion.

Regards

Paul.

look why dont you ask some of he main jew fishos in here their opinion

look if you guys have it in sept none of you guys will get a jew believe me unless your a jew fisho

lets be realistic and go for late oct or early nov

yes it would be good to have asap but if you guys wanna piss up and get together then do so but your all wasting your time late sept trying to get a jew

im a jew fisho and i wont be going then and also i dont wanna have 30 boats following me to my spot trying to get a jew.i dont mind in sharing some info but i dont want 100 baits around my boat blowing my chances of getting a jew.

and i dont think the real jew fishos want a heap of boats following them around the river

pabs

Real jew fishos please tell us your opinion, are we too early for early October or should it be late October or some time November :thumbup:

Many of us may be looking foreward to the fun of fishing and catching up with other raiders so be kind.

All advice (including possible locations to fish) I am sure will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Just a fisho :wacko:

Edited by Martin

hey pablo are you a real jew fisho.

if you are champ im pretty sure you would know jews are an all round proposition.

hey pablo trust me, mate, i d be pretty safe to say know one really cares where your fishing so hence there won t be a hundred baits hanging round your boat

mate infact how bout you help all us novices out and enlighten us on some jewy secrets.

even better champ PM me and ill go you any time any, any week on the hawkesbury and see who can get a jew my proffesional friend.

beleive me mate i will get a jew regardless of the water temp or time of year my jewfish friend.

30 boats following you on the river i highly doubt it :wacko: