Sydney Harbour 11 Oct

OneLastCast

Hi Raiders,

Headed out today with my dad and my 2 boys - 2.5 and nearly 5yrs.

Target was salmon and early season Kings.

Got one but not the other.

3 Salmon landed - 52, 62 and 71 cm.

Tried for squid for 2.5 hours. One hooked but lost near the boat!

Fished for kings with lures only - as no squid - didnt turn a reel.

post-739-1160565470_thumb.jpg

One of the highlights was seeing a pod of about 50 dlphins near north haead. Amazing - the kids loved it - even threw a few pillies over for them.

Oh and by the way, I am sure you will agree that I have a great :wife: . She did indeed mow and edge and fertilise the front AND BACK lawns as you can see in the pic - and all this after having a baby a month ago!

Cheers

love sambos,

just a question, how do you go with the kids on the boat. i have a 3 year old and dont think his ready.

certainly wouldnt take 2 under five.

i admire your courage

i dont think my son would sit still long enough cant wait till his a bit older

James - I should have asked if any of you were Raiders! Will know for next time. My bro in law got some squid on Tuesday. He scented his jigs with prawn oil - it may have made a difference?

Cain - My kids are pretty special. They have grown up playing with lures, playing in the boat, watching fishing videos etc... With fishing they are pretty patient. But to make thing enjoyable and fairly stress free I do some things that help...

let them play with the bait, give them scissors to chop up pillies for burley

keep little fish or squid or other critters in the live bait tank (mini aquarium) and they have a little net so they can catch them and look at them

give them jobs and get them involved as much as I can

get the older one to net the fish and reel in fish when they are not too big

bring plenty of snacks to keep them happy

make sure they wear hats and long sleeves and sunscreen

alway stop off at a beach somewhere for half an hour or so - they can run around and play and catch critters like crabs etc...

Oh and I give each of them quarter of a kwell when heading out on the harbour as it gets a bit bumpy at time and I really don't want sea sick kids! (and I take the other half just in case)

Kingies till i die - Salmon off north head for kings I tried a bunch of markers from wedding cake to shark island and tried around the moorings in middle harbour. But if you don't have live or fresh squid I think going for kings may be a waste of time.

I take my hat off to you, to be so organised on the fishing and family front, you deserve every fish you

catch. Sadly my :wife: won't get on boat any smaller than 20mts, and my 3 girls hate anything related

to fishing so i have to go on my own or with a mate :1prop:

still woking on the 2 boys aged 2+ 4. :beersmile: