Clifton Kings Again

autocad

Hi guys, first time poster long time reader.

I've been fishing for many years now 20 to be exact but havent been able to get out for the last 3 years or so, due to having two new ones in the family.

My only comfort has been to read reports from you guys here.

So after the many reports of kingfish, I had to get down there to clifton gardens. Gave my mate a call last night and we arranged for a quick fish before work.

I got to the wharf at about 5:30am to be greeted by about 15 guys fishing from the end of the wharf. WOW. the word really must have gotten out.

So, I found a spot a bit away from the crowd on the northern side without the handrails and cast out my squid which I had purchased from the fish shop last night. Also tryed to catch some yellow tail for live bait.

Pretty soon I was successful in catching a small live bait which went out straight away under a float.

1/2 hour passed and I noticed my floating swimming away at a rapid pace. then wham the float goes under and line started to peel off my reel. I was on!!!. first fish in 3 years and it was a king. I knew it was a king. well I was hoping it was a king.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I pulled in a nice little king of about 55cm after a great fight and sent him away. Thanks to the guy who helped me with the landing net.

Then what happened next was amazing. As I threw my catch back in the water, I noticed a fish on the end of my mates line about a meter under the surface of the water. I thought it was my fish that got tangled on the line, but it was another king!! So my mate brought up another king of the same size. He had caught a kingfish a meter under the suface, next to the pylon without even holding onto the rod.

Anyway, I was buzzed. I didnt even expect to catch anything and I had come away with a kingfish under my belt. I have caught kingfish close to a meter long but this was the best.

Sorry, no pictures as i didnt expect to catch anything. I guess that is always the way.

I was now 7:30 and time to go to work. So I gave my remaining squid to a bloke at the wharf and went to work as happy as I've been in a lone time.

Great first report and :1welcomeani: to the site autocad.

It's days like this that keep you fishing. I bet you have a great

day at work now and I think you will be leaving for work early more often from now on.

Those kingies are becoming like flies in the harbour at the moment...just hope they hang around

Until Sunday.

Cheers and congrats,

Pete.

Great first report and :1welcomeani: to the site autocad.

It's days like this that keep you fishing. I bet you have a great

day at work now and I think you will be leaving for work early more often from now on.

Those kingies are becoming like flies in the harbour at the moment...just hope they hang around

Until Sunday.

Cheers and congrats,

Pete.

thanks everyone....what a great site...

yeah it sure makes waking up in the morning alot easier. The great thing is that I've just changed jobs and the new office is in CrowsNest. Perfect for getting down for a quick fish before work.

:1welcomeani: to FR autocad

I am sure most of those guys were raiders

Turn to the bloke/girl next to you and say "are you a raider"? :biggrin2::thumbup:

Fishing before work would be great

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

thanks.

It would be great to meet some of you guys in person. I'll mention I'm a raider the next time I'm on the wharf.

thanks.

It would be great to meet some of you guys in person. I'll mention I'm a raider the next time I'm on the wharf.

AutoCad,

If you are at the wharf on Sunday you might meet one or two of us there. :biggrin2:

Some of us are having a little get together,

You can read about it here

Cheers.

Robbie.

g'day Grant.

Hats are good. I'm still finding my way around the site. How do you get one?

They will be available at the social on Sunday @ Clifton Gardens. If you can't make it there drop a P.M to swordfisherman & something can be arranged.

Cheers,

Grant.