South West Rocks Again

searabbit

g,day raiders

just following up on my last swr report for any raiders heading up that way, not as many fish this trip but we managed a few in the 3 days we were there. started with the usual stripped tuna hitting our uzi's & the odd sml fin thrown in as well as we trolled sth from the jail to fish rock & back. after our morning skirt session we hit the jail walking livies with 3 on the surface & 1 on the downrigger, two 4kg black tip reef sharks pounced on the downrigger before my mate dave had the first marlin eating his livie, a short fight later after untangling lines & the little black was having his portrait taken before release.post-1424-1172132154_thumb.jpg

i stuffed up the next marlin strike by waiting too long & the fish felt the hook and was last seen free jumping to the horizon, but i did get a good fish right about knock off when a 13kg yellowfin grabbed my livie off the downriggerpost-1424-1172132533_thumb.jpg

the next day we spent most of it trolling skirts wide of fish rock trying to tempt those wahoo, well after coutless strippies dave got his first wahoo 8kgs & lit up.post-1424-1172132696_thumb.jpg

we hooked another marlin near the jail & dave had the fish under control until its tail broke the double.will be considering wind ons next trip. last day produced more stripies and sml fin on the skirts and daves 2nd wahoo which went 6.5kgs. also got a nice 13kg kingie on 15kg right in the wash at fish rock & one last marlin to finish off with. est at 50kg the marlin put up a great fight for 40min on 24kg before my 150lb trace wore threw, id had enough by then anyhow. going back up on tuesday till sunday so hopefully more fish tales to come.

post-1424-1172133915_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1172134030_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1172134065_thumb.jpga few more pics

Nice one guys, sounds like you guys are spoilt if this trip did not yield as many as the last one - certainly some quality fish in there. The first yellowfin is a good size for this time of the year!?

I keep on reading about SWR, will have to make a trip up there some time. Well done.

Edited by 445F

g,day raiders

just following up on my last swr report for any raiders heading up that way, not as many fish this trip but we managed a few in the 3 days we were there. started with the usual stripped tuna hitting our uzi's & the odd sml fin thrown in as well as we trolled sth from the jail to fish rock & back. after our morning skirt session we hit the jail walking livies with 3 on the surface & 1 on the downrigger, two 4kg black tip reef sharks pounced on the downrigger before my mate dave had the first marlin eating his livie, a short fight later after untangling lines & the little black was having his portrait taken before release.post-1424-1172132154_thumb.jpg

i stuffed up the next marlin strike by waiting too long & the fish felt the hook and was last seen free jumping to the horizon, but i did get a good fish right about knock off when a 13kg yellowfin grabbed my livie off the downriggerpost-1424-1172132533_thumb.jpg

the next day we spent most of it trolling skirts wide of fish rock trying to tempt those wahoo, well after coutless strippies dave got his first wahoo 8kgs & lit up.post-1424-1172132696_thumb.jpg

we hooked another marlin near the jail & dave had the fish under control until its tail broke the double.will be considering wind ons next trip. last day produced more stripies and sml fin on the skirts and daves 2nd wahoo which went 6.5kgs. also got a nice 13kg kingie on 15kg right in the wash at fish rock & one last marlin to finish off with. est at 50kg the marlin put up a great fight for 40min on 24kg before my 150lb trace wore threw, id had enough by then anyhow. going back up on tuesday till sunday so hopefully more fish tales to come.

post-1424-1172133915_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1172134030_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1172134065_thumb.jpga few more pics

geez thats a nice kingy,dave wahoo wouldve been good to see coming through the water all lit up :thumbup::thumbup: