Cherries Popped At The Fads

offtap1

Hi all last minute decision for quick run to Fads off botany with Caige (outdodad) and Grantkingfish, 5.30 on water for some livies and out to close Fad. Caige picked up a small dollie in the first 30 seconds his first, Then the next 2 while me and Grant just ended with pulled hooks :thumbdown: Things slowed down so trolled out to far fad to find some action. We all picked up here Grant Popping his cheery also with the biggest fish landed We even had a quadrouple hook up at one stage 14 dollies to 750mm on bream gear mad fun. Trolled some small trees back in and at about 3ks off heads would u believe scored another dollie off the rigger. 15 in total now. Hit the bait grounds with livies off both downriggers and within a minute a 750mm King is boated by Caige his biggest yet and man it gave him some curry , calling for gimble belt during the fight. Absolutely beautifull day on water before southerly.Grant will post another report and a few more pics as i left my camera in car. Cheers Dave

post-1870-1176282042_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1176282060_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Excellet work there Dave.

Always good to pop another cherry. :biggrin2:

I bet it was a nice day out on the water.

Well done mate. :thumbup:

Guest Reely

Great work Caige and Dave, well done, this is the most dollys ive seen this whole summer this week! Its awesome! I cant wait to try and get some if i get out there!

top report dave.

were the dollies just hitting the livies or were you using pillies also.

where did you get the knigie if you dont mind me asking, i know molineaux is fishing well for them.

Edited by frankp

top report dave.

were the dollies just hitting the livies or were you using pillies also.

where did you get the knigie if you dont mind me asking, i know molineaux is fishing well for them.

Most were taken on pillies, we sounded out some bait at Molls and then dropped Downrigger bombs amongst them to get the king.

great catch dave and caige,good to see the dollies are out there,nice king.

what was the water temp.

cheers louie

water temp was 22.4c

Hey Dave,

java script:emoticon(':thumbup:', 'smid_18')

:thumbup:

Sounds like a great mornings fishing.

I have never gone after Dollies, and was wondering if you or anyone would be able to tell me what sort of depth to drop the yakka's to?

And if using dead bait like pillies, do you weight them or float them?

Is berlying worth while?

Hopefully you get a few more before the water temp drops off!

Arch

Great to see photo's of the kids getting in there as well. Great catch and what a thrill it must have been for him. An experience like this with your kids can not be beaten. Murray's Uncle said at our wedding " The family that fishes, together stays together." JO

Hey Dave,

java script:emoticon(':thumbup:', 'smid_18')

:thumbup:

Sounds like a great mornings fishing.

I have never gone after Dollies, and was wondering if you or anyone would be able to tell me what sort of depth to drop the yakka's to?

And if using dead bait like pillies, do you weight them or float them?

Is berlying worth while?

Hopefully you get a few more before the water temp drops off!

Arch

Mate this is something you need to try on day, due to wind and current, One tecnique one day may not work the next, trial and error , but be warned the fads are a long way out 9ks and 19ks off heads. (Check Weather Reports constantly) and the Dollies are usually on and off, they can be there one minute and dissapear the next as i found at both fads and from past experience. Cheers Dave.

Mate this is something you need to try on day, due to wind and current, One tecnique one day may not work the next, trial and error , but be warned the fads are a long way out 9ks and 19ks off heads. (Check Weather Reports constantly) and the Dollies are usually on and off, they can be there one minute and dissapear the next as i found at both fads and from past experience. Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

I am pumped to get after a few. I am always careful of the weather when outside, but thanks for the concern.

I'll dedicate my first one to the raiders.

Arch

Well done Dave.

Trying to get on board a charter here in Thailland, so hopefully i can give you all a report on the fishing up this way of the world

Thailand you lucky Ba****d, bring on the pics buddy, have fun there. Cheers Dave