Sydney Harbour 19/05/2007

Dano1

Hi all,

Sydney Harbour has done it again for the boys! Tim, Jason (hook’m) and I set out for another king sesh :1gathering: , and boy did we get one.

By 6am we had managed to round up enough squid and cuttle fish for a good kingy bash (after 4hrs on the water mind you) and ink a plenty!

SQUID GETTING SOME BACK ON ME! THE OTHER BOYS WERE :risata::risata:

post-3412-1179544845_thumb.jpg

6.15am anchored up 3 baits down, Jason wips out a single burner camp oven a fry pan and bacon eggs and sausages and proceeds to have a fry up :yahoo: , boy was that feed good! Halfway through the sausages cooking jase’s rod screams of so im on cooking duties, jase boats a nice bonito of aprox 50cm quickly relised. 2 more kings were boated whilst the fry up is happening. 65cm, 63cm.

By now the sun is up, the action continues with me boating another rat king! So that’s a king each boated so far. Over the next 1.5 hrs we boated another couple of kings each ranging from 62cm up to 70cm.

post-3412-1179545591_thumb.jpg

Then it goes quiet for half hour or so and we threaten to move spots, then WACK zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Tim’s rod screams off yahoo!!! Then WACK zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jason’s rod nearly rips the gunwale off the boat what a double hook up so I was on net duties Tim’s surfaces first and is a healthy 70cm king, then Jason’s is up but not for long see’s the boat then ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz off again after a nice fight Jason’s fish is boated and is a thumper at 91cm his new pb!

post-3412-1179545713_thumb.jpg :yahoo:

1 more rat is landed and then quiet again! Decide to call it a day at about 11am

post-3412-1179545837_thumb.jpg

all fish were relised except one!

More pics of the day ink every where!!!!! :1prop:

post-3412-1179545937_thumb.jpg

post-3412-1179546048_thumb.jpg

What a great morning we had!!

Dan, Tim and Jase.

Cheers guys!

Thats a great fish :clap: :thumbup: , and session!

Dano nice makeover :1prop:

What gear do you guys use?

Hey mate,

After getting smoked 2 many times over the last few months we fish a combination of any thing from 15lb braid to 80lb braid!!

I got smoked 2day on my 15lb bait runner, was unstopable on this gear! but did manage to land a 68cm on my 15lb little bait runner was fun :biggrin2: After loosing that fish we bumped up the gear! Lucky we did as the biggens came through again!!

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

Nice one boys!!! hope you left a couple for me for tomorrow!!!

You guys going to be on the water tomorrow?? We are still undecided wether or not to head to terrigal for a jig or go local and see what we can find...after your report im leaning towards local at the moment!!!

i think you guys deserve a :beersmile: you've earnt it!

Edited by fishlexic

Nice one boys!!! hope you left a couple for me for tomorrow!!!

You guys going to be on the water tomorrow?? We are still undecided wether or not to head to terrigal for a jig or go local and see what we can find...after your report im leaning towards local at the moment!!!

i think you guys deserve a :beersmile: you've earnt it!

Hey mate,

Na! won't be out 2morrow!

we only kept a 68cm model so there all back in there 4 you to catch!

Good luck.

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

well done on the kings guys.new pb of 91cm :yahoo: . i can just see that 1mtr hood landed next trip the way you guys are going.. is it normal that the kings are still around in numbers or just how things are this season...steve....

Boys Boys Boys,

(I think I said that right..........there were three of you weren't there?")

That must be about the best day on the water that I have read about in a while!

If one of you actually got laid.............. I reckon that your trip would have been posted and pinned ! :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by stumpy

I just want to say the next best thing to catching a king of 91 cm is watching it swim off :1clap:

to fight another day/drag someone else under structure etc lol

theyre a hard beast to land but im lucky to have been aboard "Aussie Flag" :icon_peace::1worthy::1worthy::1worthy:

and as reward for being deckie of the month :1pash: the kingie hit my live squid...........sorry about

the king i lost trying to get Tims hook off your line Dano1 :glare: from Dano 1!

But omg watta king!!

Boys Boys Boys,

(I think I said that right..........there were three of you weren't there?")

That must be about the best day on the water that I have read about in a while!

If one of you actually got laid.............. I reckon that your trip would have been posted and pinned ! :thumbup::thumbup:

Stumpy jase here

u are married as we are .... mate we dont get laid anymore

thats why we fish every weekend from 12am to mid afternoon :fisher:

Edited by Hook'm

Well done guys, thats a very healthy sized harbour king. It was fun watching Dan try and cook breaky in the middle of fishing. I had my fingers crossed for a tripple hook-up, now that would have been entertainment, and fair punishment for the affrontery of cooking bacon on the water.

See on the water next time.

Southerly

Well done guys, thats a very healthy sized harbour king. It was fun watching Dan try and cook breaky in the middle of fishing. I had my fingers crossed for a tripple hook-up, now that would have been entertainment, and fair punishment for the affrontery of cooking bacon on the water.

See on the water next time.

Southerly

Hey mate,

Great to see u out on the water again! and get amongst the kings. tripple hook up would of been fantastic it would of been bacon eggs (scrambeld) sausauge and squid ink and any bits of the bottom of the boat for breakie though :074::074:

See ya out there soon mate!

Dan.