Who Is Having Withdrawal Syptoms

netic

Well it has been a little while since i went for a fish...and with all this shocking weather predicted it seems i wont be going out for a while yet....

There is obviously not many reports going up to keep me pumped due to nobody being able to get out last weekend....

Im dying and blowing too much cash because im not fishing...i seem to be spending alot of money on Internet tackle stores because i cant go out for a fish.....

Is anybody else going crazy like me.....

I've been getting stuck into a bit of tackle shopping myself

Jigs, jigging tackle, hooks, metals, squid jigs, reels, line, flies and more.

All this gear and no where to use it :ranting2:

Hoping Saturday morning clears up a bit so I can do a bit of LB squidding and fly fishing with my spinning outfits.

IFS

HEY GUYS AND GIRLS,I AM LOOKING OUT AT THE WATER(BAY) AS I WRITE AND IT IS ALL FLAT WITH MANY BOATS HEADING OUT OFFSHORE AS WE SPEAK....BUT WAIT A MINUTE,I LIVE IN VIC DON'T I AFTER ALL.NAHH JUST KIDDING GUYS ITS NOT FLAT OUT ON THE BAY,ITS GLASS AND APPARENTLY VERY QUIET THROUGH THE HEADS TOO.I HOPE IT CALMS DOWN UP YOUR WAY BECAUSE I PLAN ON MOVING UP SOON.KEEP SAFE GUYS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING QUALITY FISH WHEN THE WEATHER BREAKS. :yahoo:

Haven't had a chance to go for a fish for a while and was hanging to go for a fiish last weekend to test some new rod/reel combo I picked up from o/s. Still hanging just looking at the rods and climbing the walls.

Cheers

Kurt

yea withdrawal symptoms right here !!!

havent wet a line in a LONG LONG TIME, the last time I did wet a line there was not ONE !! bite either !!!

here i am sitting with the Fishraider beanie and dressed like a true fisho...only problem is I'm at the comp instead of where the fish are :(

Hi Nectic,

On that map you posted, could you mark roughly where Brown's is (and a few other locations that people talk about - ie peak, fads, etc)

I haven't been out that far, so it would give everyone an idea of how far they have to travel in respect to land.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks Nectic.

They are great maps, where do they come from?

So where does the shelf start?

Is it where "Bay Wide FAD" words are where there is structure, or is it the line of formations in the second map that deviates at Browns.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Nectic,

I found that website with the maps and it is cool.

You can get the water depths from it.

Browns is around 490 - 640m deep.

If you go out a bit further it drops to 2500m and more.

Imagine hooking something from that depth and trying to bring it in.

I just got a GPS point for you 34.1474, 152.1169

It is 927m deep with 3000 - 4000m deep around it - now thats a mountain - 3000m

Kosciuszko is only 2219m

Cheers

Greg

Edited by Thunder

That is a great site but the GPS points are off a little so dont use them on the water....its a great site to use as a reference....

The shelf is visable on the first map....its the slight contours after the wide fad

How good is this?

Sydney Coastal Waters,Broken Bay to Port Hacking and 60nm seawards:

Gale Warning.

Wednesday until midnight: Wind: SW 15/20 knots inshore, grading to 25 knots offshore. Wind throughout increasing to S/SW 20/30 knots during the afternoon and reaching 35 knots at times late afternoon or evening, chiefly offshore.Sea: 1.5 to 2.5 metres, rising to 3.5 metres offshore late afternoon or evening.Swell: S about 2 metres.

Thursday: Wind: S/SE 25/35 knots. Sea: 2.5 to 3.5 metres.Swell: S/SE 2 to 2.5 metres.

Friday Outlook: Wind: SE 25/35 knots.

Saturday Outlook: Wind: SE 25/35 knots.

:chair::chair::chair::chair:

Mate lets hope we are getting all the bad weather out of the way now and then we are gonna have a run of perfect weather......

Im getting sick of looking at the same reports over and over again.......some record view numbers on the reports due to nobody going for a fish

This is killing me.... but its certainly heping my bank balance to recover! i have banned myself from buying fishing tackle until the weather is good again

Good idea, I've just gone out and bought some more Yo-Zuri's, Owner Hooks, Metals and I'm getting a Symetre 2500 in the short future.

I was hoping to get it in a month or so but I don't know if I can hold the money in the wallet that long :wacko::wacko::wacko:

IFS

Netic,

I hear you and share your frustrations. I have 8.5hrs on my new motor and just want to put another 1.5hrs on it so I can get the initial 10hr service done. Do you think the weather will let me out to do that.....not anytime soon. They are predicting 50mm of rain and strong winds winds tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing those maps with us. They are great.

Nathan

Edited by njsconst

I'm also frustrated but at the same time patient as I just pulled out my engine & stern.I'm giving it a new coat of paint, heat exchanger & gimble bearing & major service. Plus getting the keel repaired so I'm outta action for about 2 weeks. But it's gotta be done.

Wanna get everything runnig like clockwork this season as I plan to do a sheitload of YFTing :thumbup:

Knowing my luck tho... as soon as the weather settles you guys will be haulin' them in & I will have to look at pics on this site. :( . Then I will be peeved.

That current looks pretty good tho. I've got a funny feeling that the yft will be on for you guys. DAMMMMnnnn getting anxious now.

Edited by Seazar