Port Macquarie Break Wall

Dan A

Had a day off today and decided to hit Port Macquarie break wall for a fish for the first time, was also my first time fishing a break wall.

Picked up some hooks and some garfish from my local tackle shop and off I went.

Rigged up a gar and within the first 10 minutes I was on with a nice 50cm + Tailor, hoiked him up over the wall and it was landed.

Managed another 3 in the next hour or so and then it went quiet, although there were stilll some out there just not feeding as well as they were.

Good session for a couple hours and first time on a break wall.:Tumb up:

These will be going in the smoker. :D

2870178750027294153S600x600Q85.jpg

2325909180027294153S600x600Q85.jpg

2953693560027294153S600x600Q85.jpg

Dan

Great catch there Dan, good sizes too. But I love the room looks big enough for a "men only" hang out.. a couple of lounge and a big screen tv, I can see a nice size fridge there for beers.. i wouldn't go inside the house anymore, except for dinner... hope I have one of that room.

Enjoy the smoked taylor Dan,

Scout

Well done davy!

i have fished the Port Mac breakwall many a time and never come home empty handed, its a fantastic spot!

i have caught tailor,salmon,some thumping bream, flatties, i even caught my one and only jewie there ( only a schooly of 50 odd cm), have been busted off once or twice by kingies too.

we usually fish the top left corner as u are driving onto it, have only experimented there with pillies and nippers ( and metals), so its good to see some new bait doing some damage. the whole area up there is brilliant and i dont get up there enough, you should try point perpendicular near dunbogan its given me a couple of good sessions too! ( and a bit closer to u)

good work and enjoy ur feast!

Ian

Edited by KINGvirgin

Thanks All,

KINGvirgin

I have heard that Point Perpendicualr is a good spot to fish, but it wasnt all that accessible?

Royboy

The gars stay on much better than the pillies, can get multiple casts out of them with the thing ripping apart, the flesh is much firmer.

Marlin_dc

Hi Marlin, yeah, we should catch up for a fish for sure, let me know when you have some spare time and we will hook up, either from Kayak or wall, or wherever.

BTW, I think I saw you the other day in the torrential rain on Lake Road looking at some potholes that the construction was causing?

Gohardorgohome

Not unweighted, 30lb line with a bean sinker and 30cm trace

Edited by Dan A

Thanks All,

KINGvirgin

I have heard that Point Perpendicualr is a good spot to fish, but it wasnt all that accessible?

Royboy

The gars stay on much better than the pillies, can get multiple casts out of them with the thing ripping apart, the flesh is much firmer.

Marlin_dc

Hi Marlin, yeah, we should catch up for a fish for sure, let me know when you have some spare time and we will hook up, either from Kayak or wall, or wherever.

BTW, I think I saw you the other day in the torrential rain on Lake Road looking at some potholes that the construction was causing?

Gohardorgohome

Not unweighted, 30lb line with a bean sinker and 30cm trace

Point Perp is a great spot, it requires a walk on a bush track for about 15mins and then an easy descent down onto the rocks, it is quite high off the water in parts and well protected from the swell. I snared my PB bream there and have lost a few kings.....

Point Perp is a great spot, it requires a walk on a bush track for about 15mins and then an easy descent down onto the rocks, it is quite high off the water in parts and well protected from the swell. I snared my PB bream there and have lost a few kings.....

Thanks, might go for a walk and check it out, do you access it from the beach there?

Hi Dan

I live 70kms away from Port, I shop there but have not yet fished there. Have a 12' tinny and not yet put it in the river either. Wow, I'm a shocker eh! I must get my act together.

Which breakwall are you on, northside or southside?

I spent a fortnight at Camden Head recently and lots of time fishing on Washouse Beach. While there I noticed a fella fishing from the rocks near the point, maybe it was KINGvirgin.

Might catch up with you sometime up that way. :biggrin2:

Jill

I was chatting to a couple of blokes to who caught a 5lb snapper of the northern breakwall on monday night chasing jewies, the photo was impressive.

I've caught a few sprat squire in the river only to about 200mm but it's a first hearing or even seeing pict's of bigger squire in the river, but this guy seem to think that the snapper come in close after the rough weather!!!

Hi Rockyjack and welcome to the forum.

I have heard that big Jewies are often found on the northern wall. Yep, the Snapper like it after a good stir up. Reckon I will have to get myself up to Port and give them a try.

Jill

Hi Dan

I live 70kms away from Port, I shop there but have not yet fished there. Have a 12' tinny and not yet put it in the river either. Wow, I'm a shocker eh! I must get my act together.

Which breakwall are you on, northside or southside?

I spent a fortnight at Camden Head recently and lots of time fishing on Washouse Beach. While there I noticed a fella fishing from the rocks near the point, maybe it was KINGvirgin.

Might catch up with you sometime up that way. :biggrin2:

Jill

If your referring to the hunk of a spunk who fishes shirtless and has bulging muscles..........

that wasnt me :1prop:

I go to the north wall which requires a trip on the punt across the river, ahhhh good times....

Thanks, might go for a walk and check it out, do you access it from the beach there?

no the access track is in a street but im not familiar with names sorry, the entrance is about 5min from the dunbogan boastshed, the street in question connects to another street in a " L " fashion and its at the the point of the L. great idea to walk it out and suss it out first, im not sure how it goes in winter but in summer the action can get hot.

i also fish the northern breakwall when i am not in the boat drifting along it, i can't stand fishin the southern side with everbody that walks past stopping to see if you catchin anythink. it drive me mad after about 30 mins.

was going to give it a bash this arvo but my mate want to hit the rocks so small change of plans but hopefully still provride a few nice fish?

i also fish the northern breakwall when i am not in the boat drifting along it, i can't stand fishin the southern side with everbody that walks past stopping to see if you catchin anythink. it drive me mad after about 30 mins.

was going to give it a bash this arvo but my mate want to hit the rocks so small change of plans but hopefully still provride a few nice fish?

Hope you had some better luck than me on the Rocks, there was not much about on the North Wall this arvo was there from about 1330 until 1730, a couple people got some Bream that was about it, nothing to rave about.

Dan

Got down and had a look but the wash was a bit big as the bloke i was with hasn't fished the rocks before and i wasn't feeling comfortabile keeping an eye on him and the wash so we hit the river at around 4pm with a few soft plastic's for 2x30cm estuary cod and a bream about 12cm long