Winter Flathead In Narrabeen

southerly

Hi all,

After a few weeks off the water decided to take my 10 year old daughter Siena for a flick in Narrabeen Lake. She is just starting to use SP's so this was another practice session. Started up the back of the lake for zip after 15 mins pulled stumps as the sun set and headed down near the Pittwater Rd bridge.

Using a 3in Gulp Minnow in green Siena hooked up just on dark, the fish was fowl hooked and took a number of solid runs on 6lb braid. She has been learning to play fish properly and this one gave here plenty of opportunity to wait aptiently as line was stripped of the reel and to gently pump and wind the fish back. A few lapses of slack line on the winds gave dad a heart flutter but she did well and I gently lifted the fish ashore.

Here is her PB 62cm flathead, she has face paint on hence the funny look. She is a great fishing partner.

post-3697-1182678573_thumb.jpg

Winter flathead how good is that. For a tiny fishery in the middle of suburbia Narrabeen always amazes me. Maybe its the 50 years without pro fishing that has helped.

Cheers,

Southerly

Mate, lovely catch :thumbup:

Do you think the cammoflauge works?

At the moment, i'll give anything a go :074:

Hi Stumpy,

Yeah I am sure that was the secret weapon. So I expect to see all you raiders out there with face paint on next weekend :yahoo::yahoo:. It will go well with Team Hookem's matching jackets.

Cheers,

Southerly

Edited by southerly

That's one nice lizard. She must have been over the moon landing that fish. :thumbup:

You are right...Narra Lake never quits producing solid fish.

I might try the face paint this week down there too.

By the loooks of the forecasts, I might get a wet bum too.

Cheers,

Pete.

I was a bit worried seeing the flattie landed too southerly, great work getting it up the steep bank. :thumbup:

Its no surprise that the first time i see someone else pull a nice flattie from the lake it was a fishraider! :074: and by the same token no surprise the first time i meet a raider its cos of a great fish! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work :biggrin2:

Bobfish

I was a bit worried seeing the flattie landed too southerly, great work getting it up the steep bank. :thumbup:

Its no surprise that the first time i see someone else pull a nice flattie from the lake it was a fishraider! :074: and by the same token no surprise the first time i meet a raider its cos of a great fish! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work :biggrin2:

Bobfish

Hi Bobfish,

A pleasure to meet you. Nice yak set up you have there. See you on the water next time.

Southerly