Middle Harbor Jews-king-flattie

Kiwi Dan

Gday

Headed into middle harbor Saturday and Sunday with a few mates. Saturday conditions were great and the water had cleared up a lot since the previous week. With no luck trying to catch any fresh squid we headed straight over to the moorings and dropped down some pillies. After 30 minutes we landed around 6 small reds a rather large trumpeter a big eel fowl hooked and a STARFISH!!

Soon after that I was into something solid, it didnt strike like the kings that I have caught lately but it was still fighting real hard. After a couple minutes I had color and I was stoked because it was my first Jewie. I nearly chucked my mate over when he tried to net it for me, he accidentaly head butted the fish with the rim of the net. After a couple more fumbles it was in the boat and my first Jew at 75cm. Unfortunately there was no more action for the next few hours but we were not bothered as we had beers, food, lines in the water and the racing channel on the radio - HEAVEN!!

At about 130 my line buckled over and actually dipped the left side of the boat down. I grabbed the rod before it went into the drink and began the pump and wind. After negotiating a yacht that was turning on its mooring and with a clean net attempt a nice 70cm King was brought on board. We hung around for another hour or so with no more keepers landed. Sadly for my mates no big fish but for me I was stoked, first Jew and a extra $20 in the pocket. So we headed to mine for beers bragging and to watch all the footy with other mates and partners.

post-4176-1182733782_thumb.jpg

Sunday

I headed out with 2 other mates and fished the same spot at around 10ish. Again we started by only pulling in a few small fish after an hour or so. At around 11am I pulled in a small yakka which I quickly readjusted the hooks in and sent it straight back down. 20 minutes went by and I said to the boys “ive never caught anything on a live yakka” no more then 5 minutes after saying it my rod headed south and I was into something. There was only a couple runs but still a lot of weight to it. I called it for another Jewie but when we finally made it out it was a thumper flattie which went 69cm. It was still in the net on the floor and all of a sudden it spits another whole yakka out, and then it spitted out my one which was still whole. The stupid fish wasn’t even hooked, it just wouldn’t let go.

I ran a fillet off the yakka and sent it back down, after 20 minutes I was in again. This one provided a good fight, with a few decent runs and some good weight as well. A couple minutes later another nice Jew was on board, I cant remember its exact size but it was a little bigger then the flattie. There were no more legal’s landed although one of my mates hooked into another under water sub which pelt line with ease and then after about 20 seconds it spat the hooks!! :1badmood::1badmood:

post-4176-1182733773_thumb.jpg

The water has cleared up alot since last weeks coffee color, and there wasnt much floating rubbish in it either. So for me it was 2 good days on the water with mates, a few cans, the racing station and a whole heap of bragging power until 1 of the 4 mates out fishes me next time!!

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!!

Hi Kiwi Dan

Top Report!! Felt like I was there with you! Glad you finally got your first jewie in :1clap: - I would have tossed your buddy in, too, if he'd stuffed it up!! :1prop:

Even better having a similar result the next day!! Almost unbelievable! I am usually disappointed when I try to duplicate the previous day!

That flattie must have been really hungry! Well done on the yakka catching both fish!

Hmmm - the Bledisloe will be interesting next week - shame it isn't in Sydney or Brisbane! I guess they keep hoping all 60 thousand+ will fill the seats down there in Melbourne town! I suppose I have to congratulate you over the South African win the other night! Well done. It'll make the Aussies all the more keen to win this next one!!!

Cheers

Roberta

PS I lived in Auckland for 15 years, so always backed the Kiwis against everyone except the Aussies!! :1prop:

Great report for some great fish, Sounds like a couple of sesions where you just can help but get to thinkin

"what are the poor pepole doin today" . Sitting at their computer waiting for fellas like you to put up great reports thats what. And go the MIGHTY ALL BLACKS! bill will be ours again.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

Even better having a similar result the next day!! Almost unbelievable! I am usually disappointed when I try to duplicate the previous day!

Hi Roberta

Because ive got a fair size line up of mates and family wanting to get onto the boat I had to go out both days. I didnt think I would get another 2 solid fish on Sunday thats for sure. I ended up smoking the king and Jew on Saturday night and it was unreal. The jew fillets got the top gong but the King was a whisker for 2nd.

the :wife: told me to smoke the jew tonight because she didnt get to eat much with all the people getting into it at mine on Saturday.

Hopefully the AB's can wrap up the Bledisloe this weekend down in Melb, filthy there not playing in Sydney,

Cheers

Dan

Go Dan your the man,

Mate that is a good spot and it has paid off big time.

Sounds like a session from heaven similar to one i had there awhile ago.

Well done. Caught great fish had a punt and came ahead. Even got to watch the footy.

HOW GOOD IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS

You are a legend mate.. that is a good effort after such crappy weather.

Didn't lose any rods eh?? :thumbup:

nearly did, drag was to tight fish dam near pulled the holder right off the rail!!

A last minute grab for the rod saved the day.

cheers

Dan

Edited by Kiwi Dan

WELL DONE THERE MATE,GREAT COUPLE OF DAYS,

TOP EFFORT AND SOME GOOD QUALITY FISH

ITS AN AWESOME FEELING GETTING THAT

FIRST JEW HEY,BUT 2 IN 2 DAYS UNREAL!

CHEERS BRO;

STEVE

Hi Steve

Yeah im stoked with catching the 2 jews, it was only a couple weeks ago I was into my first King so as you could imagine im cheering at the moment.

dan