Big Yellowfin Off Sydney

Reel Addiction

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That BIG BOY needs to be moulded to have forever on your wall mate ,CONGRATULATIONS :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

I agree!

Don't cut that one up.... make him a permanent fixture on the wall.

You could nearly turn it into a TV STAND!!!!!

Good stuff mate ... John West aint rejecting that big bas$%rd!

Well done, guys! What a mighty effort. Obviously your tackle was right up to it & weren't tempted to put too much pressure on the fish by way of drag etc!

Fantastic result!!! Who had the big freezer to put the steaks in??? How did you divvy it up!??

Cheerio

Roberta

We hit the water at lunch time yesterday on 'Reel Addiction' after a last minute decision to head out.

We headed out wide and trolled lures for a couple of hours for nothing so we decided to hunt around for a nice patch to begin cubing. We found a area that had a couple of birds flying around and nice water colour so we decided this was the spot.

Got the trail in and began to strip 2 lines the tiagra 30W gets hit after minutes and we are on and its stripping line fast.

After a massive 3 hour fight and many nervous moments we had our fish doing massive circles under the boat. It had 2 gaffs put in it and over the side she came.

Here is a pic of Filipe, who did a great job on the rod with his fish. And brad came up with a superb gaff shot to secure the fish. Good work team!!

80kg (weighed) Yellowfin Tuna

Cheers

Conrats. to all on the mighty REEL ADDICTION That is the biggest tuna caught off Sydney I have heard of on rod and reel for many a season. A truly great effort on 15kg Can you email me a photo and I will do a story on my web site ...email gamefishing@bigpond .com... I did catch a 97kg model in '85 at The Peak and that took 4 hours of total pain Don't believe The No pain no gain theory... They do HURT. bringing about my early retirement on big fin......Well done. I AM BRINGING THE DVD OF THAT FISH TONIGHT. Just as a reminder that I do not want to do it again without a resident chiropractor on board.. I'll buy you a beer if your there. :beersmile:

Ross HUNTER

Iain

post-954-1183543234_thumb.jpg

Well Done Gents, to tell you the truth... the picture just doesn't do it justice... It looked absolutely massive sitting in your boat at the ramp that night....... great effort and a top result for all involved....

So what was it full of.... when you cleaned it...