Your Weirdest Catch On The Right Bait

luderick -angler

Hey guys there is some real interesting stories on the topic and weird lol

mine aint as good as yours just thought i would put them up anyways

first was a realy fat 37cm bream caught on smelly old steak while fishing at night for eels in the creek behind Unima caravan park

second was a bream on a leave i was reeling in and just as i notice i had a leave on my hook im like ok then, then BANG!! 20cm bream smashed it just as i was getting it out of the water scared the crap out of me

then last one was acouple of months ago i caught a 20cm Tailor on a hook with nothing on it i think it was because it was a chrome hook and a realy sunny day and because Tailor are bloody stupid fish lol

thanks guys

Thomas

drifting off shellharbour with a few rods out noticed 1 had a bit of a bend in so i started to wind it in felt like i was dragging an old boot up caught a flathead that was 1.2 mtrs long the greedy bugger ate a flathead that was 33cm long

mik

drifting off shellharbour with a few rods out noticed 1 had a bit of a bend in so i started to wind it in felt like i was dragging an old boot up caught a flathead that was 1.2 mtrs long the greedy bugger ate a flathead that was 33cm long

mik

Flathead strips make great flathead bait when fishen outside

Dave

Last time I went out with my 3 Children, I rigged up all rods differently.

Cam had a snapper rig with squid sitting at the bottom, Jess had a livey out the back on a baloon, and Becky floated a butterflied mullett half way down.

Surprisingly they all caught the same species of fish. Cam got a Port Optimax 150, and Jess and Beck both got a Starboard Otimax 150. :mad3:

You gotta Love that

Stumpy :wacko:

I have had a Striped Marlin take a large mullet shark bait ona 18/0 hook and wire trace

Caught a bit bigger than a 1m kingfish off the bottomin about 90 fathoms of water on a whole striped tuna with a 18/0 hook rigged for sharks

Caught a 180kg tiger shark with a red thong in it and a whole hoof of beef in its stomach

As a kid I caught my older brothers dick with a prawn on the hook as I threw the line over the side with a snapper lead fishing outside. A little painful for him but don't worry I was ok. Try and explain that flesh wound at emergency without laughing. Still love to ask him if his tetanus shots are up to date.

Cheers

Tom's experiences just reminded me of Xmas Day bbq by the lake with Sails & his family! I tossed a bit of the cooked fat/gristle onto a hook & cast it out .... got a nice flattie about 40cm! Still had the bait on, so did it again - anohter flattie! I got 3 flatties on the one bit of fat!

Guess what we had for dinner??

Cheers

Roberta

A gumboot on a peeled prawn :( got busted off bringing it up to the wharf

A ladies G-string on a ganged pillie :biggrin2: got busted by the girlfriend bringing it home :(:wife:

I was only 16 at the time.

penguin

3 words... Tag and release...

Was fishing in thre Cooks River out of a howling sou easter years ago and this was when the flurocarbon craze hit and this proves how tough this stuff can be, we were bait fishing for bream up behind the airport gettinfg some nice bream and flatties when my mate locks up tight and can't get it to budge (using 6kg fluro traces) he calls it for a jew i say no you're snagged oryou got a small bull shark well it starts to come and low and behold he had something all right it was acar tyre full of the rivers finest mud and encrusted in sydney coral, what it weighed i don't know except to say the fluro carbon was tough.

P.s

that river has enoug hspare parts for a wreckers yardby the way :):action-smiley-031:

I have had a Striped Marlin take a large mullet shark bait ona 18/0 hook and wire trace

Caught a bit bigger than a 1m kingfish off the bottomin about 90 fathoms of water on a whole striped tuna with a 18/0 hook rigged for sharks

Caught a 180kg tiger shark with a red thong in it and a whole hoof of beef in its stomach

As a kid I caught my older brothers dick with a prawn on the hook as I threw the line over the side with a snapper lead fishing outside. A little painful for him but don't worry I was ok. Try and explain that flesh wound at emergency without laughing. Still love to ask him if his tetanus shots are up to date.

Cheers

Poor bugger, he won't be hearing the end of it for a very long long time. Not to mention the pain, don't think he'll ever forget that one.

We were winding up a day of bream fishing off the rocks when my brother in law decided to chuck our last two shop pillies on a number 4 hook and chuck it out

A totally unplanned and lazy cast ... It had literally only just hit the water when it got smashed by a monster jew

We had spent many long an unproductive nights before trying to catch monster jew and our only one ever was a total fluke!!

We got it in - I ended swimming out with the net to bring it in :yahoo::yahoo:

Once while fishing near the bridge at Narrabeen (Supermarket Bridge) I was pulling in my line all entangled in some old line. So to do my duty I decided to get the old line out of the water as well (and possibly get a free sinker) when in comes a thumping flathead attached to the end. Would have been 75cm and when I landed it the hook rusted through and he fell off the line at my feet. Never tasted better...

Cheers Sunnyboy

34 cm tailor butterflied for jewies. . . using a double hook rig with big hooks. . .

i caught a 23 cm bream on it which had both hooks. . .

must of been playing with it for a while. . . or just realy unlucky. . .

regards mark