Botany Bay 29/7

Steve Mc

Haven't been out to Botany Bay for a long time so I went out on Sunday with the wife and kids.

Started at hot water outlet but after nothing in 1st 15 minutes we moved on. Found a spot second row back at the oil wharf in about 14m of water. Sent down the berley and within no time we started pulling up trevally. 10 in total with the biggest going 43cm. All caught on nippers and peeled prawns. Top day out.

post-2756-1186051283_thumb.jpg

Haven't been out to Botany Bay for a long time so I went out on Sunday with the wife and kids.

Started at hot water outlet but after nothing in 1st 15 minutes we moved on. Found a spot second row back at the oil wharf in about 14m of water. Sent down the berley and within no time we started pulling up trevally. 10 in total with the biggest going 43cm. All caught on nippers and peeled prawns. Top day out.

post-2756-1186051283_thumb.jpg

Great to see families are getting out together and having some fun fishing and catching a feed. I'd like to se many more raiders spending time with their family on the water

Squidboy

good stuff mate... you did well considering you were land based. I wish i could pull out 10 fish land based or even in a boat for that matter!!!!

Hey Tumra

I think he was in a boat as its hard to find 14mtrs of water to fish in, landbased.

Nice catch Steve Mc, the family looks pleased.

penguin

Nice effort, nothing better than seeing a family enjoy a day out, i know from my days as a kid fishing with Dad kept me in good stead for what i do now as a fisho and it kept me out of trouble! Also to see the bay produce considering the abuse its copped over the past 200 years!

Those trevs make great sashimi too :beersmile:

Nice effort, nothing better than seeing a family enjoy a day out, i know from my days as a kid fishing with Dad kept me in good stead for what i do now as a fisho and it kept me out of trouble! Also to see the bay produce considering the abuse its copped over the past 200 years!

Those trevs make great sashimi too :beersmile:

Well done to you all. My Grandfather used to take me fishing in his row boat when I was young and I have never forgotten those days..He would have never guessed that his sibbling would have been so absorbed by the wonerfull world of fishing. It is such a great way to enjoy the experience with your children The photo says it all.........Great work

Ross Hunter

Thanks everyone. I do love getting out with the family and I am lucky that my wife was brought up fishing. They don't quite have my obsession but they still enjoy it.

Tumra, Penguin is right. We fished from my tinnie but pulled in to the beach for lunch.

Nice catch mate.. how do you cook them?

I am no gourmet chef. Just topped with tomato, onion and a bit of garlic then put in the oven. They are actually easy for the kids to eat as they don't have all the small bones of a bream or whiting.

I am no gourmet chef. Just topped with tomato, onion and a bit of garlic then put in the oven. They are actually easy for the kids to eat as they don't have all the small bones of a bream or whiting.

Mmmm sounds good. Might have to target them in these cooler months. :thumbup: