Fishing The Entrance Nsw

acam1975

Hi Guys,

I am new around here and am hoping some extremly generous people will be able to offer some advice.

Some mates and I are headed out for a day on the water around the Entrance. We have never fished there before and need a few ideas on where to go (gps would be great). We are open to off shore or in the lakes.

Thanks heaps :1fishing1:

Edited by acam1975

Hi Guys,

I am new around here and am hoping some extremly generous people will be able to offer some advice.

Some mates and I are headed out for a day on the water around the Entrance. We have never fished there before and need a few ideas on where to go (gps would be great). We are open to off shore or in the lakes.

Thanks heaps :1fishing1:

hey mate ive fished the entrance alot and have found if you fish the island out the back of the lake there are plenty of flathead around the weed beds. in the main chanel you will also fond plenty of bream flatties and possibly a jewie with the recent flush out the place had.

under the bridge in the deeper sections there should be plenty of mullet bream and long toms.

hope this helps ya at all best baits are prawns and whitebait ive found but pillie goes ok too.

hmmm.... this time of year id chase blackfish in the entrance (well actually i wouldn't cause there are buggar all but hey) or maybe a few bream......

the system copped it in that flood and i'd advise all raiders to take care near the mouth...

over christmas i could wade to north entrance but now the channel is 3 metres deep at least and the sand bar which blocked the mouth is almost gone ....

if you guys want fish i would chase the salmon off the beaches or rocks...

jew reports are scarce.... we can't seem to find any nice drummer...

i usually won't blackfish in the lake until the old boys get into them hard... there are bream up the creeks..

This is a productive system and i'm surprised every year by the amount of people who tell me it is dead and there are no fish... fish with a bit of thought and finesse and the entrance has its moments..

bream hntr is right that is 2 big a boat for most for most of my spots too

good luck i would fish the drop off that runs on the southern side of the entrance and the eastern side of the bridge.... the closer your lure/bait lands to weed the more fish you catch

Hi Dave

When we were there for the Social in April, they had just had over 12" of rain. For the whole 5 days we were there, there was no 'in' tide - only a continual 'out' tide from all the water draining into the system! THe bigger channel to the sea will be a benefit when it is flowing, I reckon - it will let the big boys come in from outside, to play!

I heard the blackies were coming on up there right now!! Get into it!!

Cheers

Roberta