Big Waves At Kianinny Ramp

james7

peterS. Great snaps . Have fished out of Tathra on several occusions. It is actually rather amazing how calm the water becomes with in 100mt of the entrance.

For the interest of others , here is what it looks like on a calm day

post-731-1187330153_thumb.jpg

Geoff

That looks like really dangerous water .... then you look at the calm day one - bewdiful! You can't muck with nature! Sometimes it is better to stand on the shore & just look out at it, rather than being out in it!

Cheers

Roberta

Geoff

It really is an amazing ramp. On a calm day, sixty seconds and you are outside. It's a magnifant little harbour.

The day I took those photos, during the strongest surges, the water was flowing up the ramp and across the car park. Several of us taking photos got our feet wet even though we were 20m from the ramp.

Cheers

Peter

peterS. Great snaps . Have fished out of Tathra on several occusions. It is actually rather amazing how calm the water becomes with in 100mt of the entrance.

For the interest of others , here is what it looks like on a calm day

post-731-1187330153_thumb.jpg

Geoff

:1yikes: OMG, what a difference.

1st photos portray an image of a horrible death awaiting any boaties foolish enough to take me on,

the last one says, Lets go fishing.

penguin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first few pics look very dangerous, but the last one looks the best.

Lovely looking spot guys.

We fish out of Kianinny every year around Easter and we happened to experience a change while we were out in 2006, the waves were worst than your pics and the jetty was well under water, it was as scary as hell as a boat had already been turned over trying to get back in I was thankful I had a captian who knew what he was doing and the only way you could get your boat on your trailer was with the help of the other fisherman standing in the water and holding it in position while I drove out, it always sticks in my mind every time we set out from there.