New Rig Tried For Blackies

luderick59

hi everyone :1fishing1:

tried new rig fishing therocky gutters in the corner of beaches instead of using lead i used a soft plastic lure between 2 swivels inside the sp i put 2 size 00 ball sinkers

it washes around the rocks with ease i fished for 2hrs today not 1 snag and :1prop: caught 7 nice blackies :yahoo:

post photos and new rig later

also found a sea horse washed up on beach[spot xox ] left the blackies biting they were going crazy :thumbup:

peter

post-4997-1187942145_thumb.jpg

Edited by luderick59

Hey Peter - you rock!! What an innovator! Can't wait to see the rig! They often catch blackies on the pro bream circuit on sps .... but normally, not regularly!!

That one at the bottom looked a beauty!!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

I take it the seahorse was dead??? Found the odd one or two here!

Edited by Roberta

great catch mate nice blackies.... spewing about the sea horse such a beautiful animal! :1crybaby:

sad to hear wish i seen more alive than dead... so many blackies being caught else where exept in my very murky georges river.. they all have gone with that rain. :thumbdown: anyways good going keep them coming.

livebait!! :thumbup:

Edited by live bait!!

Hi Pete - missed it in the photo!! Sounds good tho!

Hi Livebait - Wallis Lake is similar to the your Georges River!! Chocolate brown!! Hope it clears quicker than last time!

Cheers

Roberta

Gday Luderick 59

Mate awsome catch :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Bloody Awsome and nice work on the new rig

Do you know Paul who fishes the platform for BlackFish at Monavale near the baths he also is a YakFisho .He also fishes with just a running pea sinker to the hook and cleans up.

Cheers Ben

hi peter,

thats a good catch of blackfish there.. thats a nice idea hiding the sinker in an sp.... i might have to try that next time i fish from the stones...... funny how we experiment sometimes...i remember as a kid me and my cuz used the wool we had for stoppers and made a fly and wouldnt you know it scored as many that day as weed... but it sounds like you have come up with a great idea eliminating the inevitable snags..... well done...

OK!! Worked it out now - using the weighted sp instead of the bit of lead you usually use & have a more less snaggy 'sinker' for tossing into the corner there! Much easier to cast, too. Great idea, Pete!

Cheerio

Roberta