Stolen Boat

Blackfish

Hey guys please keep your eyes open for a mate's boat that was stolen approximately Thursdays night at Wollongbar ( near Ballina ) northern NSW. It's a 520L Seydel with navy blue hull white top & white wave breaker. The boat is on a Easy Tow trailer & fitted with a 130hp two stoke Yammy.

The unusual thing is the wave breaker, no windscreen. This is a serious outside boat.

The details are

Seydelcraft 520L Boat stolen from Wollongbar NSW on 24 August 2007.

5.20metre blue fiberglass hull runabout.

BOAT REGO: AEN416N

TRAILER REGO: R-94343

HIN: AUWWA135167CM6

Motor: YAMAHA 6L1 130HP

Serial Number:1003398

Any information please contact Michael on 02 66285269 or 0400 367424 or

Cassandra on 0438613378

LARGE REWARD OFFERED.

To me this is not about the "REWARD" to me but to get a boat back that some scum stole ....... it could happen to anyone else on this site and lets hope everyone pulls together to get a fellow fishers boat back. This one or anyone else's one.

rupniksedyel2co8.jpg

Many thanks,

Gordon.

Hope you get it back and you shouldn't have to post a reward but if it gets someone to tell you where it is it is worth it. One insurance company was years ago allowing a small reward as a cost of recovery on some policies. I think Another still does via their quarterly magazine.

Not sure but I think Afloat magazine still does free stolen / lost and found adds. It is widely distributed and may help you recover it.

There is a specific marine police officer (Balmain) who coordinates all stolen things marine and marine watch. It might be worth contacting her direct in Sydney by email as she does weekly briefings internally and also newsletter to Marine watch and would be in contact with the equivilant person in each state.

Now you have posted a reward it might be worth asking the BIA to make a note of it in their notices that go to dealers as none of them want to handle stolen goods and at some point it might be offerred to them or go in to be serviced.

Good luck

yes I've had one stolen before and it is a nightmare

PS edit- Correct title is "Marine crime prevention officer" for the officer at Sydney water police.

Edited by pelican

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope you get it back and you shouldn't have to post a reward but if it gets someone to tell you where it is it is worth it. One insurance company was years ago allowing a small reward as a cost of recovery on some policies. I think Another still does via their quarterly magazine.

Not sure but I think Afloat magazine still does free stolen / lost and found adds. It is widely distributed and may help you recover it.

There is a specific marine police officer (Balmain) who coordinates all stolen things marine and marine watch. It might be worth contacting her direct in Sydney by email as she does weekly briefings internally and also newsletter to Marine watch and would be in contact with the equivilant person in each state.

Now you have posted a reward it might be worth asking the BIA to make a note of it in their notices that go to dealers as none of them want to handle stolen goods and at some point it might be offerred to them or go in to be serviced.

Good luck

yes I've had one stolen before and it is a nightmare

PS edit- Correct title is "Marine crime prevention officer" for the officer at Sydney water police.

Raiders,

Some friendly advice,

This a timely reminder to all of us that alot of crooks target our pride and joy. Many of the boats stolen are driven interstate, re-birthed, given new identities - painted and superficial changes made to the exterior, and sold through internet classifieds or private sales. It is vital for the owners to put in place certain safeguards. Record and photograph your boat, motor and expensive fishing equipment. It is almost impossible to trace stolen property without HIN and serial numbers - photo's are great. Be aware of your surroundings and were the boat is parked - does it providing easy access to the crooks, does it have security/sensor lights - nothing puts them off like lights switching on. If, god forbid it gets stolen, by all means call the police and report the theft, but many of us have good neighbours, so ask them was anyone dodgy was hanging around. Chances are someone saw the crooks drive off, we just need to ask the questions. We all work very hard to enjoy our sport, lets not end up the victim. The Water Police are very busy with many things including stolen boats. Let's all take some responsibility and record things just in case, as the last things we all want is to wake up or come home and find that special something gooooone. :thumbdown:

Cheers, Rabs.