Botany Bay 3.9.07

robeebee

got on the water about 6.45

wind was up and we new we were in for a tough day

Seabreeze was showing a slight rise in air presure from 8.30 to 9.30 ,1019 to 1021

i told Dad we might have to wait for the fish to come on

tried a drift about halfway along Brighton but got blown away

headed up to Doll's pt to drift back

put out a bucket for a sea anchor to slow us down

around 8.40 i got a bite , and boated a small whitng , followed by another slightly larger next cast

could a rising barometer cause the fish to bite ?

couple of casts later I'm on again and call it for a flattie,high sticking it and reeling in like crazy,

this fish was heading straight for me , not untill it saw the boat and off , ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing

got it back near the boat and it's a good one , dad grabs the net but it's off again, this is fun

finally tire him out and dad nets it for me, a PB of 63 cm's

5 minutes later i land another at 49 cm's

then Dad gets a strike and a short fight with a 43cm flattie

a few more cast's and i get another , 41 cm's this time

after this hour between 8.30 and 9.30 all goes quiet except for a lot of slimy weed

after another hour the Tailor come on and we boat a few around 32cm's , but release them

called it stumps around 1.00 pm

tough day on the water but I went home happy

all fish caught on Gulp turtle back worms in pumkingreen on nitro 1/4 ounce jigheads

Edited by robeebee

got on the water about 6.45

wind was up and we new we were in for a tough day

Seabreeze was showing a slight rise in air presure from 8.30 to 9.30 ,1019 to 1021

i told Dad we might have to wait for the fish to come on

tried a drift about halfway along Brighton but got blown away

headed up to Doll's pt to drift back

put out a bucket for a sea anchor to slow us down

around 8.40 i got a bite , and boated a small whitng , followed by another slightly larger next cast

could a rising barometer cause the fish to bite ?

couple of casts later I'm on again and call it for a flattie,high sticking it and reeling in like crazy,

this fish was heading straight for me , not untill it saw the boat and off , ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing

got it back near the boat and it's a good one , dad grabs the net but it's off again, this is fun

finally tire him out and dad nets it for me, a PB of 63 cm's

5 minutes later i land another at 49 cm's

then Dad gets a strike and a short fight with a 43cm flattie

a few more cast's and i get another , 41 cm's this time

after this hour between 8.30 and 9.30 all goes quiet except for a lot of slimy weed

after another hour the Tailor come on and we boat a few around 32cm's , but release them

called it stumps around 1.00 pm

tough day on the water but I went home happy

all fish caught on Gulp turtle back worms in pumkingreen on nitro 1/4 ounce jigheads

Nice catch and good timing for Botany Bay Robeebee. You did very well on your plastics and a few struggling poddies for bait would be the go too.

As to your question on the barometric pressure change from 1019-1021milibars.

Two points is quite a notable rise in an hour at that time of morning.

"Normal night fluctuations" happen during the night due the nature of night conditions.

You can get used to recognising during the night, whether or not they contain movement outside of those "normal night fluctuations". These fluctuations outside the normal give you an indication if fish are going to be active or not, going on previous experiences in similiar conditions

A good anology for recognising barometric pressure fluctuations outside "normal night fluctuations", would be say being able to recognise separate fish pulls among bent rods which are always in a bent position caused by anchored sinkers in fast currents

Robeebee that two point pressure rise was a good one and of course gave you the right timing to go fishing.

The fast two points pressure rise in the morning was the the barometer's way of reading and verifying a change in weather and in this case a change was forecast

So a change was due to happen and the important part was the fact that when the change was going to happen was verified by the barometer and passed on to you and myself etc.

Fish feel the change coming and we had notice to look for it and fish.

Fish have to "binge feed" a favourite word of mine, "go on the bite as they say" to stock up food for bad conditions which are the times when fish need to find a different comfort depth or may be unable to digest their food and "mini hibernate", as I call it, due to the state of their swim bladders etc.

Glad you took your dad out onto the water and if he took you he certainly knows the right time to catch fish.

I hope I have put this in a clear way for people to understand asnd I am only a slow one finger typist resting a busted back and a back operation and it still hurts me to sit and type.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer