First Kingie 05.10.07

Guest Ben75

Met up with some fellow YakFisho's Friday Morning for a quick session before work over at the eastern suburbs . Total yaks out on the water 9 not bad for a quickie before work. I was after my first Kingie & also first Fish on a SP. Caught my first Kingie 67cm :yahoo: I was so happy .On the water at 05.00am and of around 07.00am I only had the one hit which I hooked . Others around me had there rods bent over most of the morning but all under legal . So I was happy to catch my first and the only keeper for the day .Great fun of the kayak Cant wait to get back out .

BEN2.jpg

ben.jpg

kingie.jpg

Also caught this Smelly pike on the way out trolling a CD7

Smellypke.jpg

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben75

Nice work mate!!!! we couldnt crack it for a king today.... what did the damage????? We saw heaps of guys with yaks out there today and you landing your king made me wonder it cant be an easy thing to measure a kingy to see if hes legal while he's still thrashing around...... I would think it would probably give you a good tow around to!!!! I might give this yaking a go one day, it kinda sounds like fun!!!!

Gday pops punt

Thanks Mate .

It was an awsome fight even more so on light gear . It was so exciting when it would go for a run and the line would just peel of the reel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Love it . Cant wait to have another go for them

Gday fishlexic

Cheers Mate.

The damage was done with a slugo type of lure in a yellow colour . I didnt have any but a fellow YakFisho gave me one to try . Mate My first Kingie there is no chance of it wriggilng when I pulled it over the side of the kayak . Straight in the footwell . Grab my alvey ruler from my crate behind and measured it 67cm bleed it over the side and in my drybag . I usualy carry a net but that day My Mate told me not to worry about it just to tail grab the fish .I just lifted it out by the leader as you can see there isnt much of a lift to get them on the kayak

Cheers Ben .

Met up with some fellow YakFisho's Friday Morning for a quick session before work over at the eastern suburbs . Total yaks out on the water 9 not bad for a quickie before work. I was after my first Kingie & also first Fish on a SP. Caught my first Kingie 67cm :yahoo: I was so happy .On the water at 05.00am and of around 07.00am I only had the one hit which I hooked . Others around me had there rods bent over most of the morning but all under legal . So I was happy to catch my first and the only keeper for the day .Great fun of the kayak Cant wait to get back out .

BEN2.jpg

ben.jpg

kingie.jpg

Also caught this Smelly pike on the way out trolling a CD7

Smellypke.jpg

Cheers Ben

Great catch there Ben, many more to come your way.

Hey go the Dragons from a fellow fisho and Saints supporter.

cheers Marcel

TWIN 1.

great work mate, congratulations on your first kingie. yak fishing is mad, i do it for bass but must get myself a saltwater setup to have a crack at the kings too.

the big pike must of put up a decent fight too, great kingie baits when slabbed up.

Gday skunga

Thanks Mate . Yeah Kayak Fishing is Awsome.

Gday Twin1

Cheers Mate And good to see a fellow Saints suporter Hope they do better next year . it was funny on friday Morning I met up with a new yakfisho who is also a dragons fan I thought thank god as Most of my YakFisho mates are Hobbits from the shire and you know who they suport :thumbdown:

Gday Kingies till i die

Mate you also being a YakFisho you would now what its all about its great fun. Adictive I now several members on kayak Fishing forums who had the boat setup then bought a kayak then the boat just sat there then the boat gets sold and they have bought another kayak. Its not for everyone but most who give it a go dont look back .

That Pike poor thing had a little bit of a sleigh ride before i realised it was on. It must of been maybe 2minutes after launching and I had something hit the lure But I kept on paddling as I thought it was just the action of the lure as it was just a slight twitch . I then went to check on my lure and cast it back out and this toothy critter was munching on the end of the CD7. I must try the next one for bait

Well done, Ben!! How good was that - first kingie & all before starting work! Terrific.

Have you been trying for blackies as well, or giving them a miss now??

Cheers

Roberta

Hope to get out in the yak in the next day or two - nice high tide in the morning

Hi Ben,

Congrat's on your first...and hopefully with many more to come! :thumbup:

In fact I hear on the grapevine that you got an even bigger one today. Sensational, buddy. We'll have to catch up for a fish soon.

cheers,

Cid

Edited by Cid

Gday Jenno64

Thanks Mate perfect morning alright .Had another one today :yahoo:

Gday thereddragon

Cheers Mate :biggrin2:

Gday Roberta

It sure was fun. I haven't been out for the blackfish for a while . Lets just say now I have Kingie fever

Gday sparkles

Cheers Mate . So when are you getting a kayak and coming out with us guys. And who do you work with spill the beans?

Gday Cid

Thanks Mate :biggrin2: Mate news travels fast through the YakFishing circles :thumbup: Yep 2nd one today 70cm 2.5kg cleaned compared to my first 69cm 2.1kg . Looking forward to catching up one day for a fish last time must of been last year in that Bream comp at grays point

Gday David L

Cheers Mate

Gday Hutcho1

Cheers Mate. The YakFisho's & Fishette's are getting into some Great fish there are some great reports around kayak Fishing is on the up

Cheers Ben :biggrin2:

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben75