Dopes With No Idea!

MrA

As a lot of people are aware there have been huge numbers of boiling Salmon in and just outside the harbour. As most people are also aware - they can get a bit spooked by a boat.

Of late there have been a lot of boats chasing the huge schools of Salmon in the harbour and just outside north head etc. which is fine.

HGowever, my major issue is there are a few absolute dopes that come tearing into the school with their boat and spooking the fish so that everyone including themselves may get only one cast at them (if you are quick) before the fish bugger off again and you need to wait for them to resurface somewhere else.

It is very frustrating that these few deadsh*ts ruin everyones fishing.

I would love to throw each and every one of these dopes off north head so that they can sleep with the fishes.

I have had a few good sessions where only 4 or 5 boats are around a school and keeping their distance as much as possible and everyone is getting constant hook ups - one after another fish are being bought to the boats. Everyoine gets fish and has a heap of fun.

Please - if you are one of the ones that kills the motor of your boat only 1 metre from the boiling school - learn from this post - give the fish a 10 metre or so buffer zone.

Otherwise neck yourself - either way it would make me happy.

If you are one of the great anglers that keeps their distance from the school and has some idea of how to enjoy your fishing - I would love to fish with you any time.

Thats my whinge for the year!!!

Just like the guys that drive close to the rocks and stop in front of you when casting....or guys that stand right next to you and throw their bait/lure in front of you....cant licence against stupidity, only hope evolution dwindles their numbers

As a lot of people are aware there have been huge numbers of boiling Salmon in and just outside the harbour. As most people are also aware - they can get a bit spooked by a boat.

Of late there have been a lot of boats chasing the huge schools of Salmon in the harbour and just outside north head etc. which is fine.

HGowever, my major issue is there are a few absolute dopes that come tearing into the school with their boat and spooking the fish so that everyone including themselves may get only one cast at them (if you are quick) before the fish bugger off again and you need to wait for them to resurface somewhere else.

It is very frustrating that these few deadsh*ts ruin everyones fishing.

I would love to throw each and every one of these dopes off north head so that they can sleep with the fishes.

I have had a few good sessions where only 4 or 5 boats are around a school and keeping their distance as much as possible and everyone is getting constant hook ups - one after another fish are being bought to the boats. Everyoine gets fish and has a heap of fun.

Please - if you are one of the ones that kills the motor of your boat only 1 metre from the boiling school - learn from this post - give the fish a 10 metre or so buffer zone.

Otherwise neck yourself - either way it would make me happy.

If you are one of the great anglers that keeps their distance from the school and has some idea of how to enjoy your fishing - I would love to fish with you any time.

Thats my whinge for the year!!!

sound to me that your getting carried away a tad

hopeing that these people will 'NECK' themself and all that BS

maybe these are people that are fairly new to fishing or this syly of fishing and may not understand the dymamics of the fish school

if it is that upsetting to yourself maybe you should try to get out when alot of these people will not be bothering you like either early or later in the day

just remember fishing is sposed to be relaxing

Yeah its amazing what you see on the water, especially the week ends.

This is why i try to fish only on week days and skip all public holidays.

Cheers and stay calm and tolerant. (i know its hard with some people)

Karma has a way of sorting things out in life.

My favourite thing was of the last few weeks was the guy trolling through the schools off north head and manly with tiagra 50's out targeting salmon...... if he was trolling round the edge of these schools i might given him the benifit of the doubt and thought he was targeting something bigger such as kings around the edges whilst being curtious to the other fishos..... but no time and time again he motored straight through the middle of everyone!!!!

One of my other observations was a few guys in tinnies that were fishing solo therefore they couldnt see forward properly so the only time they could see the fish is after they had completely cut a school in half and then they wondered why the school would go deep!!!!! Partly not there fault but take care not to spoil it for everyone!!!!

I suggest we make sure we all have pilchards on board and after a few kind warnings the next offence gets met with a few pilchards!!!!! :tease:

Stressful but unfortunely happens especially in the harbour....

Same thing was happening last season when the Kings were school near neilsens........a school that was 100 metres across of kings and only kings...we got 4 as we were the lucky first boat on the scene...then 5 minutes later a couple of knobs turned up and kept driving through them and sending them down........

It will always happen and thats why i dont really bother to chase busting schools anymore...

as much as this frustrates me, using the forum as an outlet won't really change much...

I suggest, politely, motoring up to them and helping them by sharing your knowledge.

You can bet that if they are newbies, they wont do it again, especially with the promise of more fish.

You can even expand on the story and explain that they will get the bigger ones by being stealthy.

I'd bet my last plastic stickbait in a school of kings that they wouldn't turn down catching bigger fish.

Steve.

I agree, it is quite frustrating to come across that and it has happened many times to me.

However, sometimes, depending on what direction the fish are swimming and the rate they are swimming at, its fisherman like you and me that cause the fish to go down. If we get in line of their path, they do one of two things, shoot down or change direction. Changing direction will usually lead to another boatie, and thus they will shoot down. Given this, fishing for pelagics on weekends is extremely hard, as if its not a "dope with no idea", its a combination of 10-15 sometimes 20 boats that will send them astray.

If you go during the week, most often you will find them all to yourself. Ive been in situations at north head where theyre were literally acres of feeding surface fish and it really didnt matter how many boats drove over them as there were just soo many.

On the other hand, trolling isnt the worst method to use, if done correctly. If you troll the outside edges of a school rather then straight through it, it will produce great results and the fish will stay up. But like i said, it must be done properly and with 20 boats casting into a school, its almost impossible.

DAN

as much as this frustrates me, using the forum as an outlet won't really change much...

I suggest, politely, motoring up to them and helping them by sharing your knowledge.

You can bet that if they are newbies, they wont do it again, especially with the promise of more fish.

You can even expand on the story and explain that they will get the bigger ones by being stealthy.

I'd bet my last plastic stickbait in a school of kings that they wouldn't turn down catching bigger fish.

Steve.

Well said skunga :thumbup: in true raider spirit.

No fishraider would ever behave in such a fashion - the information read on here that is posted by members ensures that readers are well informed :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

I always try to pull up to guys like that and politely explain what they are doing wrong and how with some fishing etiquette and co-operation with the other fishos that they can all benefit ( just as skunga said ) However, from my experiences in the majority of cases these weekend warriors seem to think they know it all and it hurts their egos to be given advice in front of their passenger mates.Sometimes you just cant educate mugs. :thumbdown:

I always try to pull up to guys like that and politely explain what they are doing wrong and how with some fishing etiquette and co-operation with the other fishos that they can all benefit ( just as skunga said ) However, from my experiences in the majority of cases these weekend warriors seem to think they know it all and it hurts their egos to be given advice in front of their passenger mates.Sometimes you just cant educate mugs. :thumbdown:

Unfortunately, this is true in some cases...

Heh, once the school is put down a few times i tend to tie on a few old sinkers and start casting at said weekend warriors.. they soon get the idea "clunk" :1prop:

I suggest we make sure we all have pilchards on board and after a few kind warnings the next offence gets met with a few pilchards!!!!! :tease:

Thats what the pilchards are for!!!!! lol :biggrin2:

Edited by fishlexic

I know what you mean...but those fools would think you were just offering them free bait. :074: ..besides it is difficult to hurl a pilchard at a decent enough velocity to get your point across. :1prop:

Your obviously not putting enough lead in them!!!!--- Just joking. I find it really hard to get the pilchard smell off the slingshot buuuutttttttt!!!! Still just joking ----I think

C'mon lads ,don't be nasty now. There are enough fish for everyone. FOR NOW! I see enough road rage. but rage on the water. NO , NO, NO. Not Good.

Let us enjoy our fishing.

BART. :1fishing1:

You just gave me a brilliant idea!!!!!! I can take a bag of pilchards in my car every day and throw them at people who cut me off in the traffic!!!!! Bart your a genius :biggrin2::1prop::tease: