Snapper Fishing

warnie

Hi all.....

Decided to give the close in reefs a go as a of a change of pace

as opposed to pushing out wide looking for tuna.......

located the area of reef that showed promise and dropped the pick and

commenced a burly trail and dispatched the outfits useing the smallest of

sinker that the current would allow the pillie to drift enticingly down the trail

and anxiously waited......

It took 30 mins before the baitrunner zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of and a nice red of 5 kg

was placed on ice in the esky it took another 30 mins before any more snapper took an interest

with what was on offer but the rods were soon bouncing under sustained pressure as almost

every bait presented was then quickly gulped down as the snapper rose higher in the

trail to take the bait more freely........

a school of small masked bandits then turned up snapping and tormenting the hooked snapper

all the way to the top..... being only rat's you would think they would pick on some one

there own size....the action slowed up but we were more than happy with action and a nice feed

to boot i decide in droping the last bait for the day which was taken by some small reef dweller

which turned out to be a mistake for us both for on the way up there most of been at least

one decent kingie around which took a liking to this reefy critter as i lifted it off the bottom

the 6500 baitrunner howled in protest as the line screamed of the reel as the fish hit the afterburners

no you dont says i....as i apply pressure to slow the fish's run but my smuggness was soon wiped

of my face when the fish said no you dont.!!!!!!!changed direction straight down over the reef.......

and as you figured it was all over red rover......

they dont get to be that size by being stupid do they!!!!!!!!

oh well great to have a relax and a change of pace i think i can get to like this type of

fishing more often.....

Cheers Warnie

post-4679-1192948158_thumb.jpg

post-4679-1192948232_thumb.jpg

Warnie, that is some great fish, puts the ones we got last week up at Broughton to shame, what reef were you sitting on, my dream fish. Good on ya guys and good pics too.....Cheers ...

Hi Ray

best i not mention it on here pm if you want i will give you the marks....easy reachable in your size boat

in 80ft of water...... a very well known area and as most often happens boats go right past

on there way out....

and nudge we were in close and the current for us was just trickling and the sinker size was about

as big as the nail on your little finger...the fish bit right up untill the tide change

then went off the bite....

Cheers Warnie......

good work warnie,

have been getting a few little reds off syd of late on plastics but nothing the calibre of the bigger reds you have there - great effort.

did you find them on and structure off the the reef proper (ie ledge, pinnacle) or on the sand fringes ? also interested in which reef complex you were fishing ? out from syd or botany ?

cheers,

dooley.

Hi Ray

best i not mention it on here pm if you want i will give you the marks....easy reachable in your size boat

in 80ft of water...... a very well known area and as most often happens boats go right past

on there way out....

and nudge we were in close and the current for us was just trickling and the sinker size was about

as big as the nail on your little finger...the fish bit right up untill the tide change

then went off the bite....

Cheers Warnie......

thats one hell of a bag of snapper!!.....did u get these off syd or up the coast?

Great catch Warnie !

I must have cleared all the Seargent Bakers and Red rock cod for you ....

Here I was thinking it was a slow day all round but you have proven it was just me !!

Thanks for that ... no seriously that is an awesome bag of reds