Site Problems

webmaster

Hi All

Over the last few days we have been having some major problems with the Fishraider.com.au website.

At about 11.30pm last night the site was hacked by someone, we have logs of what this person did and all the damage caused and have today spoken with the NSW Police E-Crime unit, Australian High Tech Crime Centre in the ACT, we have also been in touch with the persons ISP.

This matter will be taken to the full extent of the law.

The NSW Police E-Crime unit will be reviewing the case sometime today after all the data that we have on this person including their Personal and Business details were handed to them.

If anyone knows anything about this matter or has any more information on the matter could they please pass this onto the site Admins?

Any information will be handled with the utmost privacy in your regards.

Thank you

Webmaster.

Some idiots have nothing better to do than to waste time and do criminal activity.They should do something more worthwhile, go fishing or just p..s off. This is a great site and it is a shame that someone out there is trying to wreck it for all of us.

Boofhead..... those words are not strong ennough

bastard of an act to do...... just a note ip's are able to be spoofed to cover tracks, if this has been done than the ip u have logged and the isp u have contacted will all fall on an innocent person.

i know this cause my netbank got hacked into-all they got was 200 and the ip they used did not really exist

Point us in the right direction Stewy and we will send the boys with the chainsaws over!

We are running a shop-a-docket campaign at the moment, so if you shop at coles, you can recieve a discount!

Good to be back on line! The wife was sort of over me ! She needed me to go back to Raider!

Cheers,

A relieved

Stumpy :thumbup:

Let's hope the coppers can follow it up fully & nab the offenders & whack them behind bars! I bet they won't be laughing then! It is really no different to breaking into a premises & vandalising it. In the old days 'hacking' was considered a bit of a laugh - but not now! Too many government & banking institutions have been hacked at great cost to themselves & their customers.

I doubt if I will ever use internet banking - there is always someone out there with that little bit of extra knowledge trying to go one better!

Glad to see all is well except Buy & Sell losing out - let's hope it is now over!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Let's hope the coppers can follow it up fully & nab the offenders & whack them behind bars! I bet they won't be laughing then! It is really no different to breaking into a premises & vandalising it. In the old days 'hacking' was considered a bit of a laugh - but not now! Too many government & banking institutions have been hacked at great cost to themselves & their customers.

I doubt if I will ever use internet banking - there is always someone out there with that little bit of extra knowledge trying to go one better!

Glad to see all is well except Buy & Sell losing out - let's hope it is now over!!

Cheerio

Roberta

G'day Raiders

No worries about Internet Banking for me. My :wife: :wife:spent it all and I can't remember where I put my fishing money. Now did I have an Internet Account??

GREAT TO SEE FISHRAIDER UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. :1fishing1:

CHEERS BART :unsure:

Edited by bart

Cheerio

Roberta

well if the hacker was caught i dont really think he would be behind bars for long... these days when coppers catch hackers they hire them, its quite common, but i hope he gets caught anyways

Edited by drkcld

Hmmmmm you speaking from experience drkcld??

Its no joking matter, its a criminal offence and it is taken quite seriously indeed. The police crime units do their very best to investigate hackings.

I am sure they love to read those sort of comments when they monitor sites for clues.

mrsswordfisherman

no im not speaking from experience but its wat i hear, and well im 100% sure thats how it works when gaming sites get hacked

I am really glad the site is back running properly

Most people who hack do it as a thrill and to test there skills. But what they dont realise is that they have just given themselves the biggest downfall in life due to the fact that if they ever decide to try to get a job in the computer industry there is a good chance they will be rejected as they are a high risk employee and cant be trusted.

So to the hacker congrats on just stuffing your life

Why do they waste there talent on hacking?

If they have that sort of knowledge they could be earning plenty of money in the "Real World" and actually working.

Glad everything is working again - I've got withdrawal symptoms.

Cheers

Greg

Hi mate, *first post*

As i am deeply involved in the industry I.T/Managed Hosting and run 2 very very popular boards of my own these hackers are just fakes using simple scripts you can download online.

I have noticed this site also takes a while to load even on a good decent line.

I believe to avoid suchs activities in the future the owners/admin update the board to a different package.

And also cluster the board over 2 servers for than extra piece of redundancy.

I can help out if more info is needed. Alot more that is :P

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is having problems with the site while we are carrying out work can they please post a message in this post with some details about the problems

1. Time and Date

2. Error Message details

3. Any other information would also be helpfull

4. A Screen dump print would also be very good

Thank you

Webmaster