My First King

thereddragon

Hi,

Organised to go out with a fellow fishraider but it fell through. Anyway decided to go by myself Got on the water at 8:00am and headed straight to the drums to land 9 trevally's to 39cm and 2 yakka's. The weather was nice so I decided to head out of the heads but as soon as I headed out the wind and swell picked up so I trolled back to the bay picking up 4 Kings to 78cm, got heaps of hook ups but could'nt land them by myself.

I beached the boat at ramsgate beach to clean them and had at 2 people trying to by my catch. But I ended up going over my mates place with the family and His wife cooked them up on the bbq wilst we got stuck into Jim beam.

The funny thing was when I landed the first one it was the 78cm king, I just started woo hooing and shouting as I was over the moon I just could'nt stop smiling all day.

hahahaha, i felt the same when i smashed my PB a few weeks back. even if you get one 1cm bigger than the last you will have that smile all day again. there awsome fun to catch and very addictive. well done again mate well deserved.

The funny thing was when I landed the first one it was the 78cm king, I just started woo hooing and shouting as I was over the moon I just could'nt stop smiling all day.

Ha ha ha, same here. I popped my kingy cherry at the hot water outlet on a 64 cm king and me and my mate lost our s$%T. The way we were carrying on you would have thaought we just landed a 1m hood!!!!!!

What lures did you hook them on??? ive never caught one on a lure yet.... not from lack of trying though!

sorry should clarify, never caught one on a hard body lure!

Edited by fishlexic

Ha ha ha, same here. I popped my kingy cherry at the hot water outlet on a 64 cm king and me and my mate lost our s$%T. The way we were carrying on you would have thaought we just landed a 1m hood!!!!!!

What lures did you hook them on??? ive never caught one on a lure yet.... not from lack of trying though!

sorry should clarify, never caught one on a hard body lure!

I used a red and white rapala.