Quality Reds In The Harbour

riceball

Went fishing with a mate in sydney harbour yestorday, picked up two quality reds on the running in tide. One caught on live yakka another caught on fresh squid. Both went for a decent run which made me called for a kingie. Nonetheless we didn't manage to get any kings as we were hoping for, the quality flesh from the snappers still gave us a nice feed.

Since its my mate's spotX, I had to cover the backgrounds in the photo. But the reds are definitly out there in the Harbour.

Cheers

Louis

post-1028-1199358031_thumb.jpg

The bigger one went over 4kg and 69cm long, didn't measure the smaller one.

choad:

Good guess, but it wasn't the wedding cake, coz we fished landbased.

Cheers

just mucking around dude. good job on the editing.

if i caught fish like that in the harbour i'd be so paranoid about a thousand fisho's hammering my spot i wouldn't even take photos in public.

Yo louis!

looks like we gotta get ourselves a bigger net, mine didnt feel like it could handle it

must admit it was a damn good feed

chef mate of ours came and whipped up a stunning meal of grilled snapper fillets

now lets hope the kings round there will be damn big too!

cant wait til next time mate, but gotta go earlier, way earlier!

Louis,

Mate that is totally awesome.

One of the best fish i have seen in the last year or so.

You are on fire at that spot.

Pm me more details bro - please.

We will have to get out there in the tinnie very soon.

Mike G

Good job on the photo editing. I am paranoid about other fishos at times. I was recently on patch of good kings - I could see another boat trolling nearby as I hooked up, so I just pointed the rod at the fish and backed the drag off until the boat was gone. I also prayed that he wouldnt hook up (which he didnt) so it all worked out.

Having said that, I can't lie, so whenever they ask me on the beach if I am catching fish I always tell them - but they never seem to come down with their rods.

Poacher

Thanks for all the replys guys, sorry to be secret about the spot, I've had that experience before, the next time i go to the spot X, its full of rubbish. All I can say is that place is somewhere near the heads, the bigger fish are definitly out there near the entrance of the harbour as I've also caught a decent jewie there couple of weeks ago. But I guess to put in a bit of effort and find out your own spotX is part of the fishing fun .

Cheers

Louis