Good For The Soul.

justinp

Was lucky to get an invite from good mate Gregl to have a crack at the nepean bass population, so off we went reasonably early at 6ish this morning, launched Gregs boat and headed for the gorge and beyond, was a perfect day not too hot or cold, overcast skies perfect conditions for surface bass, Greg had all the luck early catching a couple of small ones off the top, then we changed and started fishing gulps, Greg was rewarded almost immediatly with some very health specimens, Greg was then kind enough to suggest a colour change to me and I was immediatly rewarded as well, we fished pretty much all day alternating between surface, plastics and spinner baits, had an absolutley awesome day, we would have easily caught 50 plus fish by the time we headed for home, Greg even had a double hook up on two rods he was fishing at the same time, simply awesome, anyway heres a few picks of the better ones, cheers Justin. post-4186-1200297642_thumb.jpg

post-4186-1200297721_thumb.jpg

post-4186-1200297801_thumb.jpg

Edited by justinp

Was lucky to get an invite from good mate Gregl to have a crack at the nepean bass population, so off we went reasonably early at 6ish this morning, launched Gregs boat and headed for the gorge and beyond, was a perfect day not too hot or cold, overcast skies perfect conditions for surface bass, Greg had all the luck early catching a couple of small ones off the top, then we changed and started fishing gulps, Greg was rewarded almost immediatly with some very health specimens, Greg was then kind enough to suggest a colour change to me and I was immediatly rewarded as well, we fished pretty much all day alternating between surface, plastics and spinner baits, had an absolutley awesome day, we would have easily caught 50 plus fish by the time we headed for home, Greg even had a double hook up on two rods he was fishing at the same time, simply awesome, anyway heres a few picks of the better ones, cheers Justin. post-4186-1200297642_thumb.jpg

post-4186-1200297721_thumb.jpg

post-4186-1200297801_thumb.jpg

great session boys

will have to drag the boat up there and try the new leccy mot I bought.

weel done

Thanks guys

Justin, great day out dude, plenty of fish and larfs all day!

Wheres the pic of my own double hook up dude? hehehe :yahoo:

It was an amazing bite to last all day and I recon if we fished propper and didn't waste time fishing the weedy edges in the shallows, I recon we could of almost doubled what we did catch!

Might not be as fun but if big fish in numbers was the game......

The so called secret to the day???

Fish the fishys you see on the sounder.......

Greg

Thanks guys

Justin, great day out dude, plenty of fish and larfs all day!

Wheres the pic of my own double hook up dude? hehehe :yahoo:

It was an amazing bite to last all day and I recon if we fished propper and didn't waste time fishing the weedy edges in the shallows, I recon we could of almost doubled what we did catch!

Might not be as fun but if big fish in numbers was the game......

The so called secret to the day???

Fish the fishys you see on the sounder.......

Greg

Just for u dude enjoy.post-4186-1200370089_thumb.jpg post-4186-1200370127_thumb.jpg

Edited by justinp

Greg - I have a question I'd love it if you could answer.

You offer the tip above to "Fish the fishies you see on the sounder". Given that the sounder only reads under the boat, does that mean you were sounding over the top of snags and then moving away to fish them when fish were sighted on the sounding?

I'm still relatively new to boating and am trying to get the best use of my sounder that I can. Tips on how you use it to locate and then target fish in a river would be much appreciated!!

Hi Mondo

Simply we are fishing straight under the boat.

I drive around and find the bass on the sounder, stop the boat and fish for them directly below.

No fish on the sounder we didn't even cast out.......

I'm not targeting the bank side fish that are in snags ;) I find most of the fish on the bank small compared to the ones further away from the bank.

A good color sounder makes it alot easier.

PM me if you want more details......

I'll get my bottom smacked if I say much more on the subject on a open forum.

Here is a 38cm caught last night just before the rains...

post-3563-1200555440_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Greg

Edited by GregL