How Much Do You Pay For Fuel

Dreamtime

Just received our new fuel prices for JulyAt this rate - who can afford it? :ranting2:

Here's our prices for the last 6 months.

------------ Feb -- Mar -- Apr -- May -- June -- July

Unleaded 1.07 -- 1.08 -- 1.13 -- 1.19 -- 1.24 -- 1.51

Diesel---- 1.12 -- 1.11 -- 1.17 -- 1.31 -- 1.43 -- 1.73

Kero------ 1.25 -- 1.22 -- 1.28 -- 1.37 -- 1.42 -- 1.70

These are AUD$ prices per litre. :wacko:

How long before we're paying 2 dollars a litre?

Included in our price is 15% GST and $0.015 Sales Tax per litre.

Edited by Mariner 31

Just received our new fuel prices for May.

At this rate - who can afford it? :ranting2:

Here's our prices for the last 4 months.

------------ Feb -- Mar -- Apr -- May

Unleaded 1.07 -- 1.08 -- 1.13 -- 1.19

Diesel---- 1.12 -- 1.11 -- 1.17 -- 1.31

Kero------ 1.25 -- 1.22 -- 1.28 -- 1.37

These are AUD$ prices per litre.

Odd that petrol is cheaper than diesel and kero but is more refined? :wacko:

We would refer to prices like that as the good old days over here

Regular fuel is $1.85 ltr in NZ now.....they say our food prices are up 28% over a year ago...somethings gotta give

Its ironic how fuel rises bring complaints from boaties and the such as "Our hobbies" are getting more expensive to do on a regular basis (without the rise in budget being noticed by our :wife:)

Think of the small businesses that are going to the wall. :thumbdown:

Our charge out fees in my industry are basically the same as those in the year 2000.

Wages have gone up.

Our solution was to by bigger and better machinery so we could complete jobs more efficiently.Thus reducing time on site, therefore giving us a slightly larger profit margin :thumbup:

Our fuel account used to sit on approx $6000 per month.

Last month it hit $14000

Diesel used to be half the price of petrol. Now its a bloody joke!

People question the economy of my twins on "Day Release"....................

My answer to that question is quite simple- I am that far up Sh!t Creek with fuel now, I dont really give a damn!

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Wow..........I swear I was in a confessional just then.....................I feel soo much better now :thumbup:

I do not have a boat and so do not pay for fuel other than what I need for my car.

I have a little Charade and so it is not thtt expensive to fill up. I try to do this once a week on the Tuesday.

I know that this situation is not good for so many people and people will be in a lot of trouble. What we need to a different type of fuel that will not cause such trouble. We will get there as that is what needs to happen.

And yes we are all paying too much for fuel.

Think of the small businesses that are going to the wall. :thumbdown:

Our charge out fees in my industry are basically the same as those in the year 2000.

Wages have gone up.

Our fuel account used to sit on approx $6000 per month.

Last month it hit $14000

Diesel used to be half the price of petrol. Now its a bloody joke!

Cheers,

Yes the small business sector (Me) is being hard hit. I spend approx AUD$75,000.00 per month on diesel in my 4 small ships. As of today the minimum hourly rate moved from around 20 Australian cents up to nearly 60 cents per hour. Might not sound much to you guys, but it is all relevent in the scheme of things here. Last month the Government removed the duty on rice and to offset that loss they increased the excise on smokes and alchohol. A carton of local beer, 333ml bottles, was about $27.50 Australian and is now $31.00. Add to that the falling dollar here. 10 years ago it was .33 cents Oz, yesterday I exchanged cash at .1373 cents.

These changes are made by the government who have Australian advisors.

Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth.

About 1.40 to 1.50 with NSW tax these days and 1.90- 2.10 at marina - ouch

There is no NSW tax on petrol. It is all Federal Excise and GST!

Yeah you might be right - I know the exise is Fed but I wasn't sure about 3*3 levy and so on. That's how much notice I take of all the expensive govt advertising signs that were eveywhere. Always a nice feeling fueling up a moored boat and knowing your paying road taxes Aaaargh!

Stumpy - just use my excuse - on average annually it is only 5-10 dollars a day for boat fuel - that's less than 2 good coffees and a pastry . Try it - I must tell you it doesn't work with the household finance director but the bruises fade after a few days!! I can tell you it is chaeper than the Gym and a phsychologist if I was to spend more time in the house!!!

Cheers

Pel

PS That boat fuel would be deductable for the petrol truck wouldn't it- staff relaxation!!!!! Gee that ute and chaisaws are thirsty!!! and I hope the tax man never checks KM or fuel mix ratio!!

PS That boat fuel would be deductable for the petrol truck wouldn't it- staff relaxation!!!!! Gee that ute and chaisaws are thirsty!!! and I hope the tax man never checks KM or fuel mix ratio!!

Hehehehe,

What can I say Pelican ??????

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
who remembers when it was 60c a litre?????!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! :wife:

I do and I also remember it been cheaper than that.

Funny people us humans, I wonder how many people remember shopping around for cheaper fuel prices even back when it was 60c/lt or cheaper???

Nothings changed really.

Personally, I don't complain about fuel prices that much. I chose to own a boat, a 4WD and a couple of cars for work transport, so be it.

We pay a high price for the everyday items like fuel, bread, milk, grog, cigga's etc and there's not much we can do really except keep paying for what we use/want.

Thank god i dont have anything to put petrol in....will be changing soon though.

I remember when i saw fuel at 89cents a liter when i was in year 8 living in canberra.....that feels like a long time ago....4 years really.

cheers james

• 4 weeks later...

I paid $2.09c per litre last week at D'Alboras in Rushcutters bay :1badmood:

and I remember fuel at 35c a litre when I got my 1st car.

Shikes I must be getting young :1prop:

penguin

Edited by penguin

Guess what people .. none of it will ever get cheaper.

Most people are forgetting that the real reason behind inflation at the moment is that almost 1/3 of the worlds population (china and india) are moving out of 3rd world rural settings into suburbia life where they start to want exactly the same things that we (Aussies, Yanks etc) have been enjoying for the past 30yrs!

No longer are they happy eating bread n rice, and now they also have cars

It's simple supply and demand!

Guess what people .. none of it will ever get cheaper.

Most people are forgetting that the real reason behind inflation at the moment is that almost 1/3 of the worlds population (china and india) are moving out of 3rd world rural settings into suburbia life where they start to want exactly the same things that we (Aussies, Yanks etc) have been enjoying for the past 30yrs!

No longer are they happy eating bread n rice, and now they also have cars

It's simple supply and demand!

And don't also forget that we are riding on that very Tigers back too. Without that supply and demand for our raw resources things would be very different here!

Fuel prices still suck though, I paid $1.86 for diesel today. Its been over $1.80 for a few weeks now. I'd love to pay city prices.

Just received our new fuel prices for May. & June

At this rate - who can afford it? :ranting2:

Here's our prices for the last 5 months.

------------ Feb -- Mar -- Apr -- May -- June -- 9th June

Unleaded 1.07 -- 1.08 -- 1.13 -- 1.19 -- 1.24 -- 1.40

Diesel---- 1.12 -- 1.11 -- 1.17 -- 1.31 -- 1.43 -- 1.58

Kero------ 1.25 -- 1.22 -- 1.28 -- 1.37 -- 1.42 -- 1.56

These are AUD$ prices per litre. :wacko:

Edit How will it be when the US$20+ increase from last month kicks in? :hitsfan:

How long before we're paying 2 dollars a litre?

Included in our price is 15% GST and $0.015 Sales Tax per litre.

Has risen 20% this month alone!!!! :thumbdown:

Something seems amiss?

We were having monthly rises before, now weekly - what the heck's going on?

Is it the same in Australia?

Fuel prices still suck though, I paid $1.86 for diesel today. Its been over $1.80 for a few weeks now. I'd love to pay city prices.

Hey Boofhead

You are. Diesel in Sydney has been dear as sin,we have had those prices for a while now.

Steve :ranting2: