First Ever Yellow Fin!

the1murph

Headed out to Browns on Saturday with a few mates on his boat, I have been out before without any luck and iam only 17 so spend most of my time catching kingies in Pittwater out of my little runabout, we launched from Manly and managed to pick up about 30 good yakkas before leaving the harbour, the weather was pretty average heading out but after about an hour and a half of driving we saw the surface exploding and the birds working, about 1 min after the first lure was put out we where on! After about a 5 min fight my mate got a YFT around 15- 20kg, :1yikes:

post-5839-1211500224_thumb.jpg

by the time we landed that fish we had lost the school and couldn't see a single bird, so we managed to get a spread of lures out this time before one got hit and after about 15m of trolling the Tiagra started screaming again, I took this fish and after 10 mins he was gaffed, boated and weighed around 30kg which is my first YFT and biggest fish to date. :yahoo:

post-5839-1211500173_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1211500269_thumb.jpg

Still no sign of birds or fish we continued trolling around the area where we picked up the last two fish when a YFT busted up right next to the boat and a minute later we where on again, my other mate who had been chucking up the whole time took this fish which was boated shortly after, same size as the first one.

By now it was 10 o clock and all 3 of us had a fish, the weather was getting really shit and my mate was constantly spewen and after about half an hour of no hits we headed in, best day fishing I have had and can't wait to get out there again. :yahoo:

Jack

Great report Jack! Fantastic photos too. :thumbup:

Congratulations on your first YFT. (You're already one YFT ahead of me!) I'm hoping to get out there soon and give it a go.

Did it put up a good fight? I'm sure it did.

That look on your face in the photos is brilliant! I hope I can smile like that one day while holding a fish like that.

Did you only troll with lures or did you try cubing? Did you try the livies?

Thanks for the report

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Great report Jack! Fantastic photos too. :thumbup:

Congratulations on your first YFT. (You're already one YFT ahead of me!) I'm hoping to get out there soon and give it a go.

Did it put up a good fight? I'm sure it did.

That look on your face in the photos is brilliant! I hope I can smile like that one day while holding a fish like that.

Did you only troll with lures or did you try cubing? Did you try the livies?

Thanks for the report

Cheers

Peter

Hey mate

It was great, it was a bit overkill with the tiagra 50s but it was still heaps of fun (such powerful fish!) :1prop: We where planning to do some livebaiting and cubing but we had all the luck on the skirts and the wind was like 20 knots so we thought that it would be a bit to hard to cube when we would be drifting so fast

Jack

Well done and very nice pics. We'll be out there in a month on a charter. Hopefully they'll still be around,

and I can get myself one of those cheesy grins you boys seem to have permanently stuck on after those Yft.

:yahoo: what a awsome fish congrats :thumbup:

where abouts is brown's?

We got those fish 30km off Sydney (near Browns), if you have a look in the GPS section on this site you should be able to find the coordinated for Browns Mountain

Jack

What a great day you guys had. Pity the poor bugger spewing up while the fish were on.

You want to catch fish but you are dying to get back....Not nice.

Well done.

Mate thats a great day out on the water... your lucky to have not had to put in to much time into it before you started getting the good results!!! Got to love seeing a football sized patch of fish busting up in the middle of the ocean!!! Well done on your first fin!!!! :thumbup:

nice fin :thumbup: , there are bigger one's out there to, they are there...... you just have to find them or come across them. I would really like to get an 80 kegger on 15.

Edited by Scon

Jack

Absolutely top catch :1yikes::thumbup: and :1fishing1: report there mate

Can’t wait to get out there myself and hook a 30 plus as last season only managed a jelly bead 12 odd kg. :thumbdown:

Looking at some of the reports coming in it might be a reasonable season this year :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob