South Of Browns Saturday

reelmagic

very nice fin there boys . was just starting to think were starting to thin out abit and come down in size till this report very nice. that pic there is that the big one or the little one . chicka

The little one, the guy in the left corner was trying to keep the other 'at bay' whilst we tender to this one!

Congrat's on a great result. Ther'e top fish!!!

We heard you guy's on the radio during the day, we gave it away at 2.30 having only scored a stripie and having a beakie swim up the trail, that wouldn't look at anything.

We should have stuck it out; maybe next time.

Cheer's Rod.

A huge thanks to the reel magic boys for taking me along & busting my yellowfin cherry in a huge way i will never forget that fish thanks again boys. Great boat great blokes cheers---jason.

Awesome fish Jason,well done on a top yellowfin & a great way to break your duck.

I bet the pain was there for a couple of day's,

an unforgettable day out for you!

cheers mate

Steve

No dramas mate im sure your on the mark. It is fat.

Ive seen alot of over estimated fish in the last 2 weeks tho.

I know it doesnt really matter, but sort of takes the shine off all the real 50+kg fish caught.

Came across a few boys at the boat ramp telling evryone they had 90+kg fish in the trail and had landed a few 60kg fish. When i saw the fish on the table i nearly fell over. More like 35kg fish.

Yeah there alot of big fin in sydney at the moment but not everyone is catching 50+kg fish. 50kg fish is a fish of a lifetime to most, looks like the fish of a lifetime will now be 100kg.

The thing with Yellowfin is, they look alot bigger than they really are.

It measured just over1400mm do the length weight conversion. Big thanks to the well wishers.

Who gives a rats as to the actual weights, bloody big torpedos for my mind, and I've seen a few of them. :tease:

Congrats is deserved for boating those specimens.

You've got my well wishes anyway! :thumbup:

And to the knockers :1tongue:

Cheers

Mariner

Boban

Given what is happening at the moment, I thought I would post this table to help everyone estimated the weight of their fish.

Edited by Mariner 31

No dramas mate im sure your on the mark. It is fat.

Ive seen alot of over estimated fish in the last 2 weeks tho.

I know it doesnt really matter, but sort of takes the shine off all the real 50+kg fish caught.

Came across a few boys at the boat ramp telling evryone they had 90+kg fish in the trail and had landed a few 60kg fish. When i saw the fish on the table i nearly fell over. More like 35kg fish.

Yeah there alot of big fin in sydney at the moment but not everyone is catching 50+kg fish. 50kg fish is a fish of a lifetime to most, looks like the fish of a lifetime will now be 100kg.

The thing with Yellowfin is, they look alot bigger than they really are.

Its not an issue for us! The first time I have posted anything, as we were in no mans land , very wide

very late at night 53 clicks offshore........... came home at 8.00pm

Next time, I MIGHT just say we catch a few fish in the ocean.

(at best) I really don't care! We fish often and are successful and love game fishing. AND..... we do catch gamefish! Just thought people might be interested, as I have spoken to some great guys of late!

I don't know how I missed this thread earlier but I did. That is a good fin (the one pictured) in any man's world. Look at the girth on it. When you pick up a 40kg bag of cement regularly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the fish is a lot heavier even if it is awkward to lift.

Of course you can get it wrong, I called Pete's for 45kg and it only went to 41kg. Mine was bigger and Stewy's was bigger again. There are some big fish out there. Very big. The one we lost on the gaff was bigger again.

I don't get why there is a need to express your doubt out in the open. It just puts a sour taste in the poster's mouth and causes unnecessary angst. It should be a time for the guys to celebrate their capture not deal with criticism and doubt.

I know for a fact that when I went fishing with Greg L, my bream was bigger than his (even though he had so many more fish to pick from). The photos however do not seem to show that. In the end it doesn't matter, its all about sharing the moment with guys who enjoy the same sport not who's got the biggest and better gear, boat, fish, wallet or whatever.

Well done on the capture guys.

Cheers,

Mitch

Fish 10 mile SE Browns in 675 fathoms for two fin 55 & 70 kgs. The 55 kg fish took a live yakka, whilst the 70 kg fish took a pillie put after the initial hook-up of the first fish. Very late ie. 5.45pm, with the larger fish taking nearly 2 hours. :1fishing1:

well done, is there or do you have a photo of the 70kg fin?