Nz Kings

kbark

After seeing some very solid fish posted by a fellow raider in early July, I gave the same outfit a call.

I took a day off from a conference in Auckland, borrowed a car, drove 2.5hrs in the dark, fished for 8 hours, drove back and presented a paper the next day. As you can see the effort was well worth it.

A pb king of 23kg (beating my previous pb by about 18kg!, and a pb snapper too...about 4kg)

There were three of us on the charter and we boated about 4 or 5 solid kings a piece, jigging in 100m.

My 23kg was the biggest of the day and I had to take half an hour off cause I couldn't lift the rod again...4 days later and my left bicep is still healing.

enjoy the pics :biggrin2:

kit

post-1521-1215860864_thumb.jpg

post-1521-1215860972_thumb.jpg

After seeing some very solid fish posted by a fellow raider in early July, I gave the same outfit a call.

I took a day off from a conference in Auckland, borrowed a car, drove 2.5hrs in the dark, fished for 8 hours, drove back and presented a paper the next day. As you can see the effort was well worth it.

A pb king of 23kg (beating my previous pb by about 18kg!, and a pb snapper too...about 4kg)

There were three of us on the charter and we boated about 4 or 5 solid kings a piece, jigging in 100m.

My 23kg was the biggest of the day and I had to take half an hour off cause I couldn't lift the rod again...4 days later and my left bicep is still healing.

enjoy the pics :biggrin2:

kit

Kit,

The kings are great over there and Carl is an awesome guy aswell, I hope you had better luck then we did with the weather.

Congrats on the king

Brett

Not much I can say that hasn't been said already.

That is an amazing fish. Like you said, fish of a lifetime. :1yikes:

Tell me something though, do you now have dreams of bettering your PB?!?

Well done mate. Awesome work!!