Pirtek Challenge In Lake Macquarie

BTK

Hey all

Got up at 5 this morning and got ready, by about 6 or 6.30 my Dad and I had the boat launched in the rain and wind but we toughed it out, for the first hour or so it was fairly slow we didnt get many hits or anything but then at about 7.30 im guessing we got a decent 45cm flatty for the table, and then at 8.30 got my fish to enter in the pirtek comp which was an 80Cm flatty in the pic below, After a few more hours fishing we picked up some nice bream and that was our day Done.

We used Soft Plastics all day as i dont think any of us were motivated enough to get any bait because of the conditions.

Picture186.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Well done BTK!! Fantastic fish!!! Hope it comes up trumps for you! :thumbup:

I don't suppose it had an SX40 in its mouth (307 colour!)?? I was in Port yesterday with Kim & got busted off by a big flattie, around from the boats at Westport! It just took off in an arc & I couldn't turn its head before it busted me off! :( If only I'd backed the drag off earlier!

We had a shocking day here at Forster - gale force winds all day, torrential downpours ...... Kim & I headed off at 7.30am & came back at 3pm (after I had gear failure with my Hobie! :( ) I'd just worked it too hard all day! :wacko:

We got drenched, then dried, then fried, then drenched yet again! I got 2 nice bream & a pike small flatties ...... also some 'whiting bloops' but no legal hookups on the 2 required species! :1badmood:

If it hadn't been 'the challenge', I wouldn't have been out there, that is for sure!!!

Met up with a fellow yak fisher today for the first time, Phil from Oyster Bay, Georges River. Very nice chap .... don't think he got much either.

Kim got a mixed bag - mullet on popper, bream & flattie on gulp but only 'small' legals, so not worthyof a pic!

Fun day on the water, tho! Sort of .....

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Thanks for the kind words all =) and i didnt actually mind the weather, it kinda made it more exciting and it was good to go for a fish, although i dont think the old man and his mate were to happy about the weather haha.

Roberta unfortunatly the flatty didnt have ur SX40 =( but if it did i would send it back express post so you could put it back into action asap =P it really sucks when u lose lures worth over 20 bucks!

Also Roberta you must of been keen to be out in that weather today in a yak! being in a boat was rocky enough.

Cheers

Cory

great fish BTK

Awesome stuff for fighting the elements

and getting a feed

PS-stick your finger up at someone else :biggrin2:

Cheers

johnno

:Funny-Post:

Haha that was my dad not me, those bragmats werent the best, the fish kept sliding off it so it toke about 4 hands to hold the fish on and take the photo while we were getting bashed around by waves :05:

good stuff mate, were did you go?

Lake.jpg

The red spots are the spots we drifted in and out of the whole day to keep out of the wind, it didnt always work but they were the most sheltered spots we could make it to, The right spot near the inlet has produced good flatties the last two times ive been there, so check that out for sure with some plastics (not in the inlet but along the bank beside it), The middle red spot is where i picked up the 80cm flatty and also the small bream and the bigger bream. The left point we got the other big bream. I think all those spots are great for drifting with plastics so its worth checking them out.

cheers

Cory

hey all i just thought id let you know that i received an email from Michael Guest tonight asking for some more pics for judging purposes and i put in a good word for fishraider of course :thumbup:

Cheers

Cory

haha i just realised that they have my fish on the front page of the pirtek website, number 4 the photo is and lol there is some other great photos there, my fav one is the kid with a stick on the bragmat instead of a fish lol.

cheers

Cory

hahaha Well done Cory! Fingers crossed that you are in the money!

we should have submitted pics of us yakkers out there in the torrential rain, looking like drowned rats ....... may have had a sympathy vote!

Roberta